Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thank you Sue and Beethoven!

I need to say a thousand thank yous to my sister-in-law Sue who let us borrow her set of Baby Einstein DVDs! Anna LOVES them! She had Baby Newton (the shapes one) before, but I think she was getting bored of it. Plus that song has been stuck in my head for the past week (I know my shapes, oh yes I do. I know my shapes, and you can too...) Anyway, now that we have the set she has a little more variety and she is really into Baby Beethoven. I put the videos on so I can get some other things done, but often I find myself just watching her watch it because she finds it so fascinating. Anna was getting the fussies tonight because she had her 4 month check up today (and 4 shots!) and all I had to do was turn on Baby Beethoven and she was good! I love it! Thanks to Sue, Beethoven, and the brilliant (and rich) woman who invented these videos!

Isn't it funny how there's certain things that can calm a baby down? Like for some reason, Anna likes Billy Joel's song, The Piano Man. Dave played it for her once when she was a few weeks old and she's loved it ever since. If she's sad I can just turn that song on and dance around with her and she's a happy girl. I think I might as well document some other funny (and some typical) things that Anna seems to love: The Cosby Show, Silent Night, smiley old ladies at the grocery store, Old MacDonald had a Farm (with pigs especially), the book Goodnight Hawaiian Moon (from our trip with Grandma and Papa), and getting her boogies sucked out by the nasal aspirator. She makes me laugh already and I can't wait to see more of her personality come out as she gets older.

Dave and Anna

She's sporting her "I love Daddy" T-shirt (what a suck up!) :)

6 comments:

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

We love Baby Einstein too. And that shapes song really does stick in your head - worse than Small World, imho.

We actually have all the DVDs - and we'll bring some out on our next trip so Anna can try them out. Bowen STILL likes them. Some of our favorites are Baby Van Gogh (the colors) and the animal ones and Meet the Orchestra and Baby Shakespeare and Baby Da Vinci - and we also like the original Baby Einstein Language Nursery - which taught Bowen the numbers in 6 languages! Enjoy, Anna! (Nate doesn't show any interest ... yet!)

Stina said...

She just gets cuter! I love hearing the little details of what she likes -- I bet getting her boogies sucked out must feel pretty good! How funny!

Rebecca said...

My babies love Baby Eintein's too! When I first saw one I had a "why didn't think of that?" moment. That woman is loaded!

naptime nostalgia said...

I think it is hilarious that she loves boogie sucking. Both my kids HATE it. But they both love a good Baby Einstein. I haven't tried The Cosby Show, but I might just have too. Bill makes me happy too Anna!

Goodrich's said...

I can just picture that dumb dancing crayon singing his shapes song! Baby Neptune is one of my favs, but we just got the new one with sign language and we're really diggin' it right now!

Muranda said...

Ashley,
Random!!! I admit, I blog surf! I found your blog through the Mauss'. Your daughter is so darling! I read your last couple of posts, and I totally feel for you. First of all, I totally neglected tummy-time at first..oops! Second, I work aprt-time as well, and I try not to complain, but you do want to be there for EVERY little thing that happens! It is good to see what you are up to! - Muranda Warner Barker