Saturday, April 14, 2007

Girlfriends and Boyfriends

Isn't this picture priceless? I just love it! Last night we had such a fun night out with my friends and of course all of Anna's boyfriends. Aren't they adorable? Our babies are are all within 4 months of each other and Anna's lucky enough to be the only girl. Watch out guys! Max Pohlman is in the upper left corner, then there's little baby Will Rogers who is only 2 weeks old, and Parker Deming, and then of course Anna. I can already tell that they like hanging out together. Anna's just barely the oldest (Parker was born 1 week after Anna), but I think she likes younger guys. Just don't break her heart boys!

I absolutely LOVE getting together with my friends. We always have so much and the nights go by way too fast. No matter how much our lives change, whenever we get together I feel like I'm 17 again. I seriously wish I could see them everyday. Jill was so nice to have us over to her cute new house and she served up some delicious Cafe Rio-style pork salad. Yum! I have to get that recipe! I just had to laugh when I got there because it was like a feeding factory. Sara, Abby, and Trish were all on the sofas nursing. Then I figured I'd join in since it was almost time for Anna's dinner. It was pretty funny site. (sorry, no pictures of that one thankfully!) We laughed all night long and I was out way past Anna's bedtime, but I really wanted to stay all night. My friends are seriously the best and I love them each to pieces. I'm just glad they put up with me and are always such good friends to me. I'm already looking forward to the next get together.

5 comments:

kara jayne said...

Ash-

Great picture! Hey, once you get that recipe for the pork salad, pass it on! It is one of our favs.

kara

gaylynne said...

Ash--I love all those cute babies! How fun for all of you! I have some cute pictures of my friends and babies too but along the way we seemed to drift apart. It was really fun when our boys went up to the University and started dating some of my old friends' daughters. I loved all your friends too. You made great choices during those teen years and good friends to support you along the way. We love you and are proud of you. Love, Mom and Dad

Steve and Cami said...

Ashley,
It is so fun that you all keep in touch and live so close. What a group of cute babies. Lucky Anna.
Say hello to all of those cute girls.

naptime nostalgia said...

"Cafe Rio" Style Pork

1-lb pork roast or loin
2 (15-oz) cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4-1/2 C. cilantro, chopped
1 can Coke
1-2 cloves garlic, minced

Combine ingredients and cook in crockpot on high 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Serve in burritos, enchiladas or in a salad with beans, rice, tomatoes, guac, cheese, torilla strips, cilantro, a lime wedge and creamy cilantro dressing.

Creamy "Cafe Rio" Style Cilantro Dressing

1 pkg. Ranch buttermilk dressing
1-2 jalapenos (or 1/2 can green chilies)
1/2 C. cilantro, chopped

Make Ranch dressing according to directions on envelope. Add jalapenos and cilantro then mix in blender. Keeps for up to 3 weeks in fridge.

Enjoy!

Stina said...

Hi Amy,

I don't know you, but I made your recipe this weekend and it was FANTASTIC! I made the pork and my friend made the dressing and they turned out exactly like Cafe Rio. Thanks for posting your recipe!

Christina (Ashley's friend from work)