Saturday, October 27, 2007

Witches' Night Out

Anna was lucky enough to get invited to her cousin Romey's annual "Witches Night Out" party at Gardner Village. It's so cute how much those two love each other and they're 7 years apart! The criteria for the event was for Anna to dress like a witch, so I tried my Target best, and ended up with a newborn witches' hat (a little snug!) and a "Hocus Pocus" T-shirt. And they coordinated great with her black skirt and tights and her silver shoes. But I don't think Anna liked it very much...
Anna, not very happy about being a witch


After I sang her favorite song to her (Little Bunny Foo Foo) she cheered up and we were on our way. (after one small stroller wheel casualty. ugh. I'm an idiot and almost ran over my whole stroller as I was backing out the driveway. Thank goodness for replacement parts!)

The first event was a witch manicure at the salon. I wasn't sure if Anna would go for it, but it turns out that she's ALL girl, because once the lady started painting her nails, Anna was mesmerized and didn't even squirm too much. Anna chose a sparkly orange color for her nails. Yes, I know it sounds a little ridiculous that my 10-month got a manicure, but it was all in the spirit of girly-ness and Halloween!
Anna's first manicure (well actually, just nail painting)


And here we both are with our lovely new witches nails

Now that our nails were done, we were ready for the ultimate witch event, the witches' wagon ride. I had never done this before and it was so cute. Our charming witch guide took us around the village in a little horse wagon along with her toad and jack-o-lanterns. She told us some spooky jokes and rhymes and was a lot of fun. She gave all of the kids her jack-o-lantern lights and Anna wouldn't let go of hers. She thought the witch was so fascinating and loved watching all of her animated expressions.

And we ended the evening with a stop at the candy store and a quick stroll around for witch hunting. We only found a few because we were getting hungry and chilly. Thank you Romey and Sue for a fun witches' night out!

8 comments:

kara jayne said...

Sounds fun! I'm jealous. Gardner village is such a great place!

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

I can't believe she allowed her nails to be painted. I can barely cut the nails of her cousins! Sounds like lots of fun!

Arba said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun. It is so cute that you had Anna's nails painted.

*Leslie* said...

What a fun night. Anna is a cutie and I love that she liked having her nails done. She is definitely all girl. My little boy won't let me cut his nails without a fight.

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

She's the cutest witch I have EVER seen! I miss Gardner Village so much!

Stina said...

What a cute witch! I love the silver shoes. And your hair looks great too! :)

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Ashley
What a blast. It sounds so cute for a halloween party! I am with andrea on the nail thing. I am lucky to keep even brooks still long enough to cut his nails, let alone a little paint on them. Hope all is well with being without dave. It sounds like you are filling your time with family and friends, good idea. we loved seeing you in slc.
love morgan and family

Heidi said...

Anna is so cute, Ash! She's getting so big! Happy Halloween!