Friday, October 12, 2007

daydreaming through pages of a catalog

If money was not an object...

I would buy this for Anna to sleep in...
$47,000


And this fun armoire...
$49,000


And get her her very own cool mini door...$1,900


And isn't this the cutest playhouse? (It's nicer than our house!)

$24,000

And as I continue to daydream... I would quit my job and...

I would hire a maid

and a personal family chef


And a gardener

Actually...can I get the cute gardener from Desperate Housewives?
Hey, it's my daydream!

And I would buy a car that had an automatic unlock button on the keys...

And I would play with Anna all day long.

But back to reality. Obviously that is not our life, but it sure is fun to daydream! It's probably good though, Anna would be spoiled silly, and maybe I would become lazy with the lack of cleaning, laundry, cooking, and yard work. Hmmm. Actually, no I think I could get used to life without all of those tasks. But the reality is, we're students and we're doing our best to enjoy life as it is now. Even with the juggling of jobs and school and general busyness. Cutting coupons and saving money where we can. (although I do recognize that we have it pretty good for student life) And my goal still every day is to play with Anna as much as I can. Do you blame me? She is so fun! She is truly PRICELESS. And somehow we manage to survive without the old woman's shoe armoire or a princess coach bed.

11 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Cute post Ash! That armoire truly is a little ridiculous though. But the carriage bed? Too die for.
We should go daydream shopping together. I like your taste.

Stina said...

I like your daydream with the illustrations! That playhouse is fancier and better decorated than many real-life houses I've seen, that is unbelievable!

Sue said...

I remember seeing that coach bed when Romey was little. I too wanted it and then looked at the price and thought.. Who in the world would pay for that? I guess they have to come and build it in their actual room. I still think Anna and Romey totally deserve it, but in all honesty I love that the true important things that we can give them, don't cost a thing. I love the dream, I've totally had the same day dream from time to time, but like you, as soon as reality hits again I don't have much to complain about. I love your attitude and outlook on life, your the best! Anna's one lucky princess coach bed or not.

Sue said...

Hey, one more thought...if times get rough I think I could actually live in that 24,000 playhouse. Would you like to come over for tea?

Katy said...

I love it! Sign me up for the maid and chef...don't we wish! What would we do with all our time??? Yah right! Anna is darling! It was so fun to see her the other day. Hope to see you soon.

lbb said...

it IS fun to daydream, eh?! maybe one day...
i, too, just want a car with automatic unlock buttons!
oh, and the gardener wouldn't be bad too!

kecia said...

LOVE the pictures of fall and LOVE this daydream! Istn't it the truth? It is fun to dream!

kara jayne said...

I'm totally with you on the desperate housewives gardner! hubba hubba!

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

Dream bedroom for Anna - $97,900
Dream playhouse for Anna - $24,000
Taking time to record your dream shopping spree for Anna to enjoy later - Priceless!

But, seriously Ashley, you can't afford a key unlock for your car??? Even I have that (to go with our carriage bed - oops, did I say that aloud!?)

:)

Deming Family said...

So cute! She is such a cutie. I loved all the pictures through out the post...were you cracking your self up as you attached them? I was laughing out loud as I read/saw them so it made me wonder if you did the same!
Trisha

Darcie said...

So cute! Do people really order from those catalogs? I totally need one of those auto unlock things too. Are we the only ones without them?!