
Dave left today to go to North Carolina for a rotation at Wakeforest for a whole month! Boy are we going to miss him! It's funny because he's gone a lot of the time with school already, but knowing that he's so far away for so long makes it harder for some reason. It already feels boring without him here. This is a great opportunity for him though, and I know it will be a great experience and he'll learn a lot from it. I just wish we could be there with him! I'm glad that we're private now, so that I can actually talk about this. I would be a little worried telling the whole world wide web that I'll be home alone. Just in case there are any creepies reading this somehow, we have an alarm and you'll totally get busted if you try and kidnap our baby! (OK, sorry for the paranoia spout) And warning to any blog readers out there...I am going to try and post a lot while he's gone to keep him up to date our on boring lives, so there may be lots of pointless info and pictures for the next month! So don't say I didn't warn you!

Besides the big departure of our man, I am feeling nervous, anxious, and excited these days. Kind of like I'm on a rollercoaster slowly going up the big hill and it's about to make the big plunge and swirl and twirl around and go upsidedown and be all over with in 15 seconds. From now on it seems like we have one event right after another and it's just going to be a whirlwind. Two days after Dave gets home from North Carolina we leave on a big trip for a week. Two days after that, we go to LA for part of the Boards that Dave is required to take. The day after we get home, it's Anna's 1st Bday! Then starts residency interview season and oh ya, Christmas and our anniversary. The week after Christmas, Dave takes the rest of the boards. From there it's Dave's bday, more interviews, Dave goes to Guatemala for 10 days, then match day, then sell our house (hopefully!), find a new place to live in a city TBD, graduation, move, start residency. Whew! See what I mean? It's going to be next summer before we know it. It's all exciting stuff, sure, but it makes me anxious at the same time. I hope I can just hold on tight and enjoy the ride. It's funny because I just realized that I was only thinking of this from my perspective, but Dave will really be the one feeling it since most of these events revolve around him. Silly me. He is so strong and always prepared though. I know he will do a great job on this rotation in Wakeforest and knock the socks off all of the schools he'll interview at. (sorry, not to turn this into a braglog, but I believe in my husband! Can you blame me?) We love you Dave and miss you and we wish you the best of luck as you start your rotation tomorrow!
12 comments:
Dave is THE MAN and will do great. I'm glad you have so much support there at home. When Paul did his externships it was hard to have him away, but he was only gone for 2 weeks at the most.
This next year really is going to fly, so buckle your belt. I'm excited for you.
You are too cute, Ashley! It sounds like you have a whole lot on your plate right now...but what an adventure! I am excited for you guys. Good Luck while Dave is away....and if you need protecting, I've got a muscley husband that could be there in a flash! (ok, maybe not super muscley...but he'd do. :-) Good Luck!
I am so excited for you guys. I'm still so amazed at how much our lives continue to parallel and can totally relate with your anxious/excited feelings. Imagine having "the plan" laid out and then having extra wrenches thrown in just for fun (see my blog post about Dave coming back to SLC this weekend). As we've talked about in the past, this is just one of those things where you have to buckle yourself in and go for the ride -- it's all about perspective and attitude though and I know you will have a ton of fun and grow so much in these next few months. I'm so glad we have each other for support and being "single" together!
Wow, you have a LOT of things to get ready for. The time will all fly by for you. I hope things are OK while Dave is away. If you ever want to get together for a playdate let me know, I bet my little Andrew would love cute Anna!
Sounds like the next year will be eventful, exciting and scary! I am sure you will both come out of it stronger and better. Your support is amazing.
I think its okay brag Dave is wonderful!
Anna is so cute, hope to see her soon.
Kudos to both you and Dave for planning, executing and fulfilling all your dreams!! Dave has worked hard to be at the top of his med. class so he deserves much praise. I love to brag about him and I am just his m-i-l. I'm also proud of you and your independence. We raised you to be strong and independent but we would like to feel needed too, so let us know what we can do to help you out while Dave is gone. I continue to love to watch Anna twice a week but you will need more help I'm sure. Just keep up the good attitude and perspective for the future and enjoy the ride! Time will fly by. We love you all so much. Love, Mom and Dad
Wow, you guys always seem to amaze me with all that you do. You both are amazing and I am sure you'll make the best of this ride! Good Luck!
p.s. Did I hear that Michigan may be a possibility for the future?
Wow, BUSY times ahead! You're right, Dave has success written all over him (just like you!) and he is gonna knock them socks right off. Good luck.
Wow, you guys are busy, and full of changes
Feel free to stop by anytime for company, or if you need a hand with cute Anna.
Tell Dave good luck.
I must admit. I secretly hope you guys stay in Utah (but will be happy to come visit wherever you guys end up!)
I forsure would be in the loony bin if I were you. That is too much to handle. This year will fly by for you. Isn't it crazy that in a year from now you'll be in this whole new chapter in your life!? So crazy, but exciting. I can't wait to see where you end up. Call me if you need anything while Dave's gone! I'd love to hang out!
Trisha
Ashley...wow. I can't believe all that is going on in the next few months for you! I'm excited, but must admit it kinda gave me a "pit" for next year for us! Any advice? I can't believe Dave is gone that long?! I guess Sid will be too...?? AAHH!
Well, now it's necessary that we get together. I will call you...!!
i hate when hubby's area gone! It stinks! you look like you have a lot ahead of your little family the next little while! Good Luck!
Post a Comment