Ahhh FALL! Don't you just love the crispness in the air and that certain smell that fall brings? As excited as I am for fall, I still can't quite believe it's here. I feel like I got jipped of summer. Where did it go? I haven't even gotten my spring cleaning done yet! Okay, so I'm a few seasons behind, but in my neighborhood, you can't miss the changes that come with this season. We have so many lush, full, old trees. I love it! They give us so much nice shade in the summer, and in the fall, they give us a rainbow of colors up and down our streets.
My favorite street in our neighborhood is a block or so away from our house and it's not a through street. It's a loop and it's where we have our parade on the 4th of July. They have the best trees and they always turn the brightest orangey-yellow. Since most people have kept their trees on this street, they're all so tall and they form this beautiful archway over the street. When the leaves start to fall from these trees, they cover the street and it is picturebook perfection. This is the week! Since it will probably be our last Fall in this neighborhood, I wanted to soak in the process this time. We went for a walk on Sunday and the change was just beginning.

It's perfect timing for the leaves to fall. Since it hasn't rained (yet) they're still all nice and crunchy and the neighborhood kids are all out raking and playing in the leaves.
The change happened so fast this year. By Wednesday, all of the leaves had changed and most had fallen with the wind. We had to take a walk to capture this, but it was starting to get dark.
So as I was driving past yesterday, I pulled over and snapped a quick shot before they're all gone and cleaned up. The pictures don't quite do it justice.

They're just something about fall isn't there? I love Fall Conference of my church too. It's so nice to stay inside and listen to such uplifting thoughts all weekend. I'm not sure why, but I was so emotional throughout it all this time. I got teary-eyed at almost every talk I heard. I'm so glad we have this twice a year to hear from our sweet prophet and to be inspired to try and do better. So, back to Fall. I'm loving it now, but I will be cursing it in about a month when our tree decides to shed its leaves. We have a great (huge!) tree, but its always the last to bloom in the spring, and the last to change and drop in the fall. So our leaves are usually the gross slimey ones that are no fun to clean up. We usually have about 50 + bags of leaves in front of our house by the time we're done cleaning them up. Plus this year, I'll be doing it on my own since Dave will probably be in North Carolina. Stay tuned for the post with bags and bags of leaves...Despite this, I still love Fall, putting on a cozy sweater, and lighting a pumpkin candle.
10 comments:
I so agree with everything you said. Fall in Salt Lake is THE BEST! And don't worry about the tree, just have a girls night out that night at your house, and we'll come help you rake and bag. You know we would make it tons of fun with all our wacky topics. Happy Fall!
I love the fall too! Your pictures are beautiful and really show the colors well. I am so excited for the holidays to begin although I am with you in that my mental state hasn't quite caught up to the fact that it's mid-October already!
I love the streets where you live! They are beautiful all year long. I have dreams of having our street looking like this one day. We were all required to plant two trees in front of our house before we could get occupancy. THe city also was required to plant trees every few yards on the streets. However, by the time they get the size of yours I will surley be over 100. I too can't get enough of the fall. It's yanked away so quickly.
Your photos are stunning! No color changing in DC yet - but you look like you have had crisp autumn weather. It is my favorite season - enjoy! I tend to think of Utah as not terribly treed, but your neighborhood bucks the stereotype. It is gorgeous!
BEAUTIFUL! I wish fall in Dallas was at least half a gorgeous as fall in SLC. Its been in the low 90's here and no gold, red, or auburn leaves to be found. Enjoy every minute of it!
have i told you lately that i hate rod stewart? and also that i love you? both are true. i love reading your blog for many reasons, but mostly because you write like you talk and i like to imagine that we are sitting somewhere lovely, having hot chocolate and talking to eachother about sense and nonsense. you are easily one of my favorite ladies. lets do that hot chocolate thing....what do you say? also, did you coordinate that WitchSwitch thing? if so, and crazy people like me are invited to join in the fun, let me know if you do something like it again. i love giving (and getting) prizes. LOVE YOU!
ps: kiss anna for me and tell davey wavey "hi"....now don't mix those up
Marcie,
My cute SIL Sue coordinated the WitchSwitch. I just did the header for the blog, that's why my name's on there. You and anyone else is more than welcome to participate next year! It's lots of fun and she's going to make it an annual event. It's starts Labor Day weekend, so just check back later to sign up. (the link is on my sidebar of course) You would be a superb giver and getter! You've got that serious "artsy" talent!
Marcie + Rod Stewart
Hey thanks for all your little tips on my blog...goodreads.com, and premade meals! I love that you take your time to let me know about things that you think I would like. I love you! Can't wait to see you in...PARIS!!
Oh, I love fall. Sigh. It goes way too fast, doesn't it?!
SO BEAUTIFUL! It literally takes my breath away! I just want to play in them!
Post a Comment