10. It's an awesome program! He'll only have 2 years of general surgery compared to 3 at most places. The training will be awesome and he gets along great with all of the doctors.
9. He already knows the people and the program since this is where he did his away rotation last Fall.
8. Because it's in the charming old south! I love all things colonial. And I can't wait to experience the southern side of things. Plus it's beautiful there I hear! It will be so fun to explore this whole region of the country.
7. Because we can actually afford to live there! Finally a 2-car garage! And dare I wish for a mudroom? OK. maybe not, but a girl can dream.
6. Winston-Salem has a Super Target and a Costco, and a Children's museum. That's all I need!
5. Because it's only 3 hours or so from the beach!
4. Because during Dave's 4th year, part of the curriculum is to go to Africa for a month. And Anna and I are even invited!
3. Because it was his in his top 3! Not to toot Dave's horn, but I will anyway. 60% of applicants for plastic surgery don't even match, let alone get in their top 5. We feel very lucky!
2. It's warm! We can throw away our shovels!
1. Because 11 years ago, my brother caught Dave and I... holding hands...I mean cuddling...um, actually making out during the March Madness games. We quickly stopped the make out session to look like we were watching the game. He asked us who was playing, and Dave said Wake Forest. Lucky guess! And the rest is history.
And I'm going to make this top 10 count down to 0, because I have one more reason...
0. Because all of you are going to come visit us at least once during the six years that we will be there!!!
As you can tell, we couldn't be more happy with the way things turned out. The only bummer about North Carolina is that it is far away. However, my brother Eric and his family just live a few hours north in Arlington, VA! So we will still have family nearby, which we are also excited about. I guess that's another reason. Sorry I didn't really stick to 10.
Once I get motivated to get my camera out of my bag and load the pictures on our computer, I'll post about our exciting match day. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and prayed for us during the last few weeks. We feel really loved and we appreciate you all!
11 comments:
Those are all very great and exciting reasons! We are very happy, and not surprised at all that Dave matched in his top 3! Way to go Dave!!
P.S. I just noticed that 30% of people voted for Wake Forest on your sidebar. Interesting.
No doubt you will love your experience! We know because we have. We've heard only the best about Wake and its location. Live it up!
Nice guys! That is way exciting and just like you, I hear the Carolinas are beautiful. When do you leave??? Good luck!
I remember when you told me last fall that Dave said that there was a Target and Costco nearby - and how we decided that was really all you needed to be happy somewhere. :) I am so excited for your Africa trip already! Congrats to Dave for earning such a lucrative spot. It is all very exciting!!!
Congrats! East coast! I'm sure you'll love it there...
Your Anna is SOO cute, she's such a pretty baby! Thanks for the invite on the blog - it will be a great way to keep tabs on ya'll.
We'll plan to meet at Cafe Rio next time ;)
Amber & Chris
www.chc-anc.blogspot.com
WE love no. Carolina...you'll just have to spend a lot of time at the outerbanks for us!
Wow, congratulations! That is really exciting and I'm sure it feels so great to know where you will be. Good luck with our your preparations! That is a beautiful place to be!
Ash,
So many congrats! I am so happy for you guys even though I will miss you very much. Isn't this what we have all been waiting for? To know where Ash will be? Can our scheduled May get away be your parting party? Again, congrats. What wonderful news.
Much love,
Abby
That is great news! What a beautiful place to be and what a fabulous experience you guys will have! I'm so excited for you.
how exciting! CONGRATULATIONS! what a fun adventure ahead of you! sounds great!
Post a Comment