Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Quit!

As of March 31st, I will no longer be an employee of McCann Erickson! I gave my notice today and I am couldn't be more giddy about it! It has been 5 years too long at that place. However, before I eat my words, they offered possible contract work that I might agree to if the price is right. But the sooner I'm done there, the better. See ya later suckers! (Although I am the sucker for staying there for so long!) Yes, funds will be tight the next few months, but it will be well worth it for me.

In other developments, Dave returned home from Guatemala late Sunday night. We are glad to have him home, but to be honest, I've only seen him about a total of 3 hours so far. He immediately started a new rotation at the SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit, i.e., crappy schedule) Monday morning and has been on call, so hopefully I can hear all about his trip tonight. I'll try and post some more pics after I get to actually have a conversation with my husband!

6 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Woo hoo for you!

I can literally feel the excitement in your post. Congrats!

Stina said...

As someone who has been in your shoes, I offer you a hearty congratulations and slap on the back. You did it! Yes!!!!

Also, as someone who was sucked back into contract work (for the right price, as you said) I hope you will join my little club. Bleed 'em dry!!! (I'm so glad your blog is private so I can write that.)

*Leslie* said...

Good for you! I work part-time from home for the company I was with before I got prego the first time. I feel like that is as much as I can handle. I'm so glad you won't have to go to the office anymore - especially if you don't like it there.

kara jayne said...

Yahoo fer you!! I'm so happy because your so happy! Yes, funds will be tight, but guess what?.. you will survive! As funny as it sounds, I sometimes miss our simple, poor life!

Darcie said...

Wow! I bet that felt fantastic, I mean FANTASTIC!!! Glad that Dave is back safe and sound.

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

Wow! Congrats! After all - you weren't going to stay there much longer anyway! Enjoy the break!!!