Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hi. My name is Anna. And I am no longer an alcoholic.

Anna has kicked her alcohol habit and has been dry for 5 whole days. I'm so glad that we didn't have to waste money on rehab because based on Lilo and Brit, it doesn't seem to help. She now has become attached to her bottle of lotion, which is much safer. And now, when she finds a bottle with a potentially hazardous liquid inside, I just pretend that I can't open it. I make funny faces and make it look like I'm trying really hard to open it, but I just can't. This seems to distract her and she thinks it's funny. Genius! Why didn't I think of it sooner?


However, I cannot be too proud, because earlier tonight, this is what happened when I turned my back.



She found some Hershey kisses in my secret candy drawer. I saw her find them while I was on the phone and so I rescued them from her as soon as I could. Well, I guess she is on to me and had one hidden somewhere because after I got off the phone and the kisses were all cleaned up (to my knowledge) I put her in the highchair for dinner. Then my little neighbor Madde calls and wants to borrow some powdered sugar. While I'm busily getting the sugar for Madde, I look over and what do I see? Anna eating a Hershey Kiss foil and all! She had a death grip on it and so it was melting all over and she tried to shove what she could in her mouth before I took it away. So much for avoiding chocolate on her clothes. I'll be trying the OxyClean! Luckily Madde arrived shortly after and cheered her up. When did my little baby get so sneaky?

3 comments:

Stina said...

That picture is so sad yet makes me laugh at the same time. She just looks so desperate to have that chocolate. I love how she was so sneaky about hiding that one piece and was probably thinking "Score!" when Madde called so you were preoccupied. What a funny little girl.

kara jayne said...

Did I tell you about the empty travel size containers, or did I just think about it? Anyway, they are lifesavers. Glad to hear she kicked the habit.

About the chocolate...it's an addiction I'm yet to kick myself...good luck on that one!

Darcie said...

Congrats Anna, you've kicked the alchy habit! It's not an easy thing to do you know. And an even bigger congrats on starting a much better habit: chocolate!