Saturday, February 23, 2008

Anna's 2008 Toy Review

Hi. Anna here. My Grandma G used to go to the Toy Fair in NYC every February. The Toy Fair just finished up this year, so in Grandma G's honor, I want to give you a review of a few of my favorite toys or forms of entertainment so far this year.


  1. Dolls!

I love dolls! Any kind and every kind, but especially baby dolls. I like to carry them around, push them in my wagon, use them as pillows, and give them loves. It's also fun to point at their eyes, nose, and mouth, but they don't say ouch when I poke them in the eye like when I do it to Mommy. Overall Anna Rating: A!

2. Dental Hygiene Products

Have you seen all of the varieties of dental hygiene products these days? I can't get enough of carrying around toothpastes! Full size, travel size, baby size, you name it, they're all fantastic and fit perfectly in my little hands. I also love to carry around toothbrushes. I once grabbed daddy's and played with it for a whole day and he doesn't even know it. Overall Anna Rating: A

The only thing better than toothbrushes and toothpaste is Listerine! Somehow I got my hands on this bottle and I never want to let it go. Mommy seemed to be a little worried and wouldn't let me sleep with it because she said it's toxic or something. Whatev! I don't care, I just like the bottle.

And this is how I would look if I accidentally drank Listerine. Overall Anna Rating: B+ (lost some points due to its toxic nature)

3. Einstein, Barney, SuperWhy, and the Spanish Channel


Every now and then I like to veg out in front of the TV. I highly recommend the following programs: Any Baby Einstein movie - especially ones with animals. Barney - only when you dance to his songs. SuperWhy - they've got the power to read and some snappy tunes. And when I can get my hands on the remote, I usually find a Spanish channel and watch the sparkly people and dance to the Latin rhythm. Overall Anna Rating: A-

4. Books!

If TV doesn't do it for you then as SuperWhy says, "Look, in a book!" I love to read and pull out all of my books. My favorites right now are the ones my Mom gets from the Target Dollar Spot. I especially like the ones that have the flaps that I can pull up. It's so suspenseful wondering what I will find underneath! I also really like my bedtime book called, "Good Night Train". It has the best pictures and the words are fun and make me tired. I keep a few books in my crib and before I call for Mommy in the morning, I always like to get a little reading in by myself before I start my day. Overall Anna Rating: A!

5. Psych!

This is not a toy, but a game I made up. All you need is a baby and a Mommy. If you're the baby, just get Mommy's attention and start to whine a little. Then reach out your arms like you want her to come get you. If she starts heading your way, wait right until she's about to pick you up...and then hurry and turn around and make that sucker chase you! It is SO funny! It makes me giggle and laugh so hard. I just can't get enough of it! Overall Anna Rating: A

6. And last, but not least...the tin can!

Most cupboards in the kitchen are off limits, but I have a few that I can get into and Mommy leaves special things just for me in there. My favorite are these tin cans. Have you ever played with one before? They are the best! I can bang on the top and play the drums and if I even want a louder bang, I just turn it over and the bottom makes a great noise too! Plus I can roll them around and try and chase them. They are minutes of fun! And all of this can be yours for free, with the purchase of some Stephen's Hot Cocoa! Overall Anna Rating: A+!

4 comments:

kara jayne said...

Adorable, creative post. She is such a doll!!

Stina said...

I laughed out loud at the Listerine bottle! So random and hilarious! She looks SO happy with it!

Stacie said...

Another hilarious post. There are not many people who can make me seriously giggle out loud while in the silence of the USU computer lab!I like the Psych game.

Darcie said...

Ohhhh, once Caroline found a Stephen's tin can in our cabinets, but unfortunately, she was not supposed to find it. What a mess! Anna is a very good toy reviewer. She's got a good future ahead of her, I'd say.