Wednesday, February 27, 2008
AA?
I'm not sure if I should be concerned about Anna's recent "habits." She seems obsessed with anything that has alcoholic content. If you read her previous post about her favorite toys, you saw that she loves her some Listerine. I just thought she liked the bottle. Well, I hid that and her new obsession has become our mini purell bottle. I had a small empty one that I let her carry around. Soon she figured out to flip the lid and I caught her trying to lick the lid. Major tantrum when I took it away. Well, sometimes I forget Anna is a little hawk. When I think I find a good hiding place for stuff, she seems to know right where to find it. Guess I need to invest in more child locks. She found the Listerine bottle again tonight. She had not had a nap all day despite Grandma's multiple attempts while I was at work. So when I took away the bottle it was major tantrumitis. No diversion would work. I couldn't deal with it tonight, so I just emptied out the bottle, washed it out, and handed it over to her. I know, I'm a total push over. Well, it wasn't good enough to just have the bottle. She has discovered lids and she wanted the lid off! I gave in again and there she was, a happy little girl, staggering around with an empty bottle of Listerine. Lid in one hand, bottle in the other. Since she was so tired, she had huge red bags under her eyes. And every once in a while, she would try to suck back on the bottle. My poor little daughter looked like the drunk lady that used to walk around outside my office downtown! All she needed was a brown paper bag. I really don't want her to be an alchy. Is it already time for the Word of Wisdom FHE lesson? Maybe I should work on being a better Mom and not let her play with potentially hazardous "toys." And make sure she doesn't try to get a fake ID in the meantime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love reading your blog! I know I say that every time, but you are so darn funny! I'm glad you gave in-anything to stop the crying in my opinion! What does Dave have to say about all this? I'm sure he's concerned as well!
Too funny! I hope Anna can kick her habit soon:)
That is so funny, I could totally imagine cute little Anna staggering around with her empty bottle. I wish you had some video of it!
Like mother, like daughter! Only kidding. That's hilarious though. Why do kids always find the most random things to play with?
Bottles/containers were always Ella's favorites too. I once went to the travel/toiletry section of the Target before a long flight and filled up an empty make-up bag with a bunch of different plastic containers for her. She was seriously in heaven emptying it out, and putting them back in. When that got old, she would open each container, or remove the lid and see what they tasted like. Best $10 I ever spent!!
This reminded me of the time Wally (or was it Gaylynne?) fell asleeep on the park bench on your vacation and you guys put the boozy bottle on the ground by his hand. Well... like grandfather, like granddaughter I suppose.
I just had to comment again because I was talking to my SIL Natalie, and my cousin (they each have 5 kids), and they said their secret weapon was oxyclean powder and oxyclean spray. What they do is spray the stain a lot and then put the powder on it to make a paste and let it sit for a while. I'm totally going to try it!
Post a Comment