Thursday, August 2, 2007

for your eyes only...

So I've decided to go private. Yup. Starting to get a little freaked out about having so much of our life open on the world wide web, so I'm going to switch my blog to private. Plus I agree with my SIL Kara's thoughts about one day teaching my kids about Internet safety and practicing what I preach. This creates quite the dilemma however because I really love being in touch with so many people and stumbling upon old friends and meeting new ones. So here's the deal: I have to send you an invitation to view my blog, but I'm really not in to exclusive cliques, so if you're a long lost friend, or a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend, and have just been too shy to say Hi, that's okay. Just give me your email address and your welcome on my blog! (Just no pervs or stalkers allowed!) And now that I think about it, there's probably a lot of email addresses that I don't have. So either post your email in a comment or send it to me at: ashleybkelly
@hotmail.com. I hope I don't lose touch with you by going private, but I think I need to do it. Sorry.

8 comments:

kecia said...

ash- it's kecia. I like reading what you guys are up to and would still like to so here is my email keciajcox@msn.com. I have been wondering is I should go private. do we have to have a password to view your blog now or how does it work?

Stina said...

Hi Ashley, I would like to keep reading your blog so I will email you for an invitation (I think you have my email address anyway).

You might want to edit your post so that your email isn't all spelled out in one line -- that is usually how spammers crawl sites and find email addresses. Maybe break it up so it is "email at domain dot com." Does that make sense? Otherwise you might be in for some unsolicited spam at your email account!

Darcie said...

good for you Ash. I've been post-poning the private thing for a while, but it totally needs to be done. thanks for leading the way. I think you have my address, but it's
darcieellis@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

Thanks for the tip Christina! I didn't know that spammers did that. Although I'm not surprised!

And Kecia, once I go private, and you're on my invite list, you'll just have to login to blogger to view our site. You don't have to have a separate password or anything. (There's already too many passwords to remember!)

Muranda said...

Can I please read your blog. I like seeing Anna, and seeing what you are up to.

murandabarker@gmail.com

gaylynne said...

Dear Ashley: My favorite memory of this year is seeing the joy on your face when little Anna was born. Only mothers can imagine such happiness. She smiled with her little dimple and looked so alert in seconds. She looked three months old at birth as she was so aware. I have always known you were going to be a wonderful little mother. I remember when you had all your dolls seated and lined up when you were pretending to be their teacher. You had one doll leaning over the trash can incase she was going to get sick and vomit. I think you were in the first or second grade. You had a roll and names for all your dolls. You took such good care of them that Anna could play with every one of them. Maybe one day she will pretend school play as well. Another fun memory for this year is taking you and Anna to Hawaii when she was seven weeks old. You had her all decked out in sunglasses, hat, swimsuit, cover-up for the Hawaii sun. It was a special experience for Wally and me to spend that time with you and Anna. I'm glad we got Goodnight Hawaii Moon for her also. Thank you for the joy you have brought into our lives. Yes, we spoiled you but you were worth it! Love, Mom

gaylynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naptime nostalgia said...

Ash-
Wowly cow! Did you read the angry annonamous comment on my blog? I am considering going private too. But please oh please give me access to your blog. I love to read it! I know you already have my e-mail so please add me to the list. Love ya!