Sunday, March 25, 2007

so blessed

We blessed our sweet Anna tonight at Dave's parents home. Dave's schedule is so crazy that we could never find a Sunday to do it, so we just settled on a Saturday and had a nice private blessing with our family. The whole night was wonderful and Dave gave such a beautiful blessing for Anna. She looked like the little princess that she is in her blessing gown. So beautiful. (to me at least!) It was such a special night to share with all of our family. We love them all so much and appreciate all they do for us! And a special thanks to my Mom and Mary for all their help too!

I really do feel so blessed to have Anna in our lives. She has brought so much joy to us already! It makes me excited and nervous to think of her future as Dave blessed her tonight. I look forward to all the fun times we have ahead of us, but at the same time I have fear and hope that we can raise her to be a good person and make good decisions in her life. (No pressure or anything! ) I am truly grateful for all of the blessings in our life. It helps to know that the gospel and our faith, one another, our families, and good friends will always be there to help us along the way.

My mom got most of the pictures tonight, but these are a few we got with our camera. A (not so) fun fact about the picture above...To make the night more exciting Anna decided to go poopers sometime before this picture was taken. I was suspicious during the picture and so I checked and...whoa! Just what I feared...blow out in her beautiful silk dress! Just this morning I was debating whether to get a plastic diaper cover, but thought, she'll only be in it for about 20 minutes. What are the chances? Well, pretty good I guess! Sure hope the dry cleaner knows how to get baby poopers out of silk!

3 comments:

Goodrich's said...

Ash- You and Dave do good work! Anna is just beautiful in her blessing dress. Rough go though with the poop and all, babies always seem to have some seriously good timing!

Steve and Cami said...

Ashley,
I found your blog from Stacie Jo's and I was so happy to see what you are up to. Your baby Anna is SO darling. Congrats. It sounds like life is going well.
Love, Cami Clements Warner
P.S. Your blog is super cute too!

Stina said...

I hope the poop came out! I didn't realize how big the dress was until you put the header picture up. It is beautiful!