Last night Anna slept in her own room all by herself for the first time! She's still in her
basinet, but nonetheless, she's in her own room. She made it until about 6 am. After that I moved her back in our room because her room is east facing and we still have cheap blinds so her room is the brightest in the house. This accomplishment may seem insignificant, but this is a big deal for me. It's her first big transition. I must admit, it was probably harder for me than it was for her. There's something about having her right there next to me that is comforting. Her room is just 5 steps away, but still, I can't hear her breathe. OK. I know. I'm neurotic. I'm trying to get over it. Plus, now I have to actually get out of bed to put her
paci back in her mouth. But we're making progress and maybe by next week she'll be in her crib!
And I feel like I have to post a picture. So here's one showing Anna's fascination with her most recent discovery...her hands! She noticed them a few weeks ago and she loves looking at them and sucking on them. I know every baby does this, but it's so fun to watch her serious contemplation as she discovers new things each day.

No comments:
Post a Comment