Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A New Look for Spring

Happy Spring! Yesterday at 6:07 pm spring officially began! Yippee! I'm so excited for warmer weather and longer days. I decided to go with a new look for spring. I wish I, myself had a new look, but unfortunately I still am sporting the post pregnancy look. For now, it's just my blog that got the makeover. I wanted something less brown and more me. I'm still trying to figure it out, but it's a work in progress and it will probably change more often than the seasons since I change my mind so much.

7 comments:

d feist said...

Very cute! I love coming to your website for updates on the Kellys!

Stina said...

Love the new look! Did you design it yourself? (And the new header too?) You'll have to show me how! It looks great!

Rebecca said...

Sooo cute! I have been waiting for my sister who is a pro digital scrapper to customize her blog so she can teach me. You just may need to post some tips for us computer dummies who want to customize our blogs too. I think it gets boring when we all have the same format. Great Job!

laurel said...

I love it!!! Teach me :)

Goodrich's said...

Ash- You did a great job, your blog is so "springy"! I love it!

naptime nostalgia said...

Love it Ash. You have such a great sense of style. I am way jealous. Keep up the great posts

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone! I must admit, I'm a rookie, so I'm not the best person to give this advice since I barely figured it out myself, but for those of you who want to customize your blog, here's what I did:

I made my header in photoshop and saved it as a gif file. Then I searched on how to replace my existing header and I found this site: http://widgetry.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-add-picture-to-beta-blog-header.html

You have to go into the html coding for your blog. The site gives directions, but I still had to fiddle around with it to make it work. Instead of uploading my gif to google, I used photobucket.com.

The process is kind of complicated, but somehow I did it. Hopefully you can too! My explanation sucks I know, but like I said,it's kind of complicated and I still don't know how I got my sidebar to work. (it was like 1 am!) So just call me and maybe I can help. The website is helpful too.

I wish blogger had a customized template option.

Good luck bloggers!