First she got to hang out with Grandma G while I went to work which is one of her favorite things to do. Then because it was Halloween after all, she got to come down to my work for the big party and festivities.
If every day was a holiday, I would like my work much more! I am usually complaining about something at work, but I must say, they really know how to celebrate. They have a pumpkin carving contest, a game of sort of vampire "tag" where you try to avoid being "bitten". (I was into this because I have a thing for vampires lately. If you've read the Twilight series you know what I'm talking about.) Then of course we have the costume contest which is more like a series of skits where usually most of the men dress up like women. (This year we had a little red riding hood, Britney Spears at the VMAs, and a series of beauty queens, cheerleader, etc. -- all men, and no, most of them are straight) Halloween is really a chance for those in advertising to show off how creative they are. Anyway, it was really fun and not much work gets done on days like this as you can imagine.
The best part of it all was that Anna got to meet Poe! My best friend at work, Christina, dressed up as Dorothy and her cute little dog Poe, was the perfect Toto. (I went all out and put a clip in my hair to be a flower. Slacker, I know.) Anna LOVES doggies, but she normally sees big ones, so when she saw that Poe was just her size, she was ecstatic! At first she was just excited to see him, but then she mustered up the courage to touch him, and after that, poor Poe couldn't be left alone! He was probably sick of the big bee that kept bugging him. (no pun intended) Poe was such a good sport as Anna chased him around, pulled his fur, and grabbed his collar. She was in heaven and definitely made a new best friend.
Poe gave her a serious case of the giggles when he let her play with his jingly collar.
That night we went out trick-or-treating with some of Anna's favorite friends, Trish, Amber, Sara, and Will. Anna scored some good candy for not being able to eat any of it! She didn't even have a candy bag, but everyone really wanted her to have some candy. Anna was just glad to be out with the kids. Seriously, this is one social chick. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of everyone! When we were back at Sara's, I did manage to get a picture of the awesome pumpkin costume she made her husband Mike!
Isn't it awesome? Hilarious. I should have gotten a family shot because I don't know how thrilled Mike will be about making it on my blog. I love Sara for making it and I love Mike for wearing it. I wish Sara had a blog so she could share her good pics! Little Will was a pumpkin too.
Isn't it awesome? Hilarious. I should have gotten a family shot because I don't know how thrilled Mike will be about making it on my blog. I love Sara for making it and I love Mike for wearing it. I wish Sara had a blog so she could share her good pics! Little Will was a pumpkin too.After trick-or-treating, we went off to see Caroline and Grandma and Grandpa. Caroline was the cutest little chicken ever!

Checkin each other out.
Are you really my cousin? I can't tell from your disguise.

I just thought this picture was funny. Anna was unsuccessfully trying to get Caroline's attention.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween, now BUZZzzz off! :)
10 comments:
Anna's little smile in the first picture is adorable! I love the Bee costume. Sounds like you had a fun day!
Anna
What a darling bumble bee you are. She even seemed to enjoy being an insect. Your cousins think you are one bee they won't run away from. Sounds like you had fun @your mom's work party. I bet you will have lots more fun party's in your life time!!!
Love colorado cousins
Anna was the cutest bee ever! She brings much joy into my life and I love watching her. It certainly was a good choice to be a "BEE" with all the hype from the Seinfeld "Bee" movie. You are always on top of things Ashley. I loved seeing the pictures of Anna and Poe together as well as Anna and Caroline. Thanks for sharing with us. Love, Mom
How darling is Anna.
We are happy we got to see her dressed up for her 1st Halloween.
She looks too cute!
What a perfect first Halloween! Anna couldn't be a cuter bumble bee. Love the bottom shot. The first picture of you and Anna is so dang cute! A great pic for the scrapbook!
Great pics! I loved seeing Anna the Bee at work and hearing her cute little laugh. I'm glad our "kids" got to play together. We will have to plan another play date for sure!
Just wanted to let you know that I heard RAVE reviews on the Skyline 10 year that you planned! How fun you get to go to both...do you think we will have one? Is our guy alive?
Careful now about leaving comments about certain un-named class presidents, you all know how that can turn out! :)
The pics are adorable. And Mike in the pumpkin is too funny. I feel like I haven't seen you forever. We need to get together soon!
Hope all is goin well!
Love the pictures. I think Mike is elated he made it on the blog! Don't you remember Sara saying he WANTED to dress up? He only have her 1 days notice to make the costume! I'm glad you got a picture of it. Mine isn't that great. I was sad I didn't get a picture of you and Anna! It was so much fun to go together! Thanks for the fun night!
Trisha
YES!!! Mike's first appearance in a blog and he looks better than he ever has. His hips look fantastic. I am so proud. Oh, and Anna is cute too I guess.
Post a Comment