I love all of our trees, I really do. We have a gigantor one in front, 3 along the side, and then one more in the back. They give us so much shade in the summer and add so much color to our street in the spring, summer, and fall. But today, I do not love them. Today was the day I finally decided to tackle the task of cleaning up our leaves. They haven't even all fallen yet, but it was such a nice day, and it's supposed to storm tomorrow, so it was as good as time as any. With Dave being gone, I needed some help, so I recruited my family and friends. My mom and dad, Wes, and Amy, and Jill all came to pitch in. I am so lucky they did! I could have never done it on my own! I would still be out there raking! You guys are awesome! THANK YOU!!! It was seriously so nice of them to take time out their days to help me. I think this is one day that Dave is probably glad to be gone. We did about 30 bags of leaves! And I'm not talking about those fluffy bags of leaves, these are FULL compact bags. It can be kind of a fun thing to do, but my problem is that I always think I'm almost done, and then every time I turn around, there's another pile of leaves. Five bags would be fun. After that, it gets old.
And look how much more are still to come! Ugh! This tree is a little "special." I think he's slower than the other trees. It's always the last to bloom in the spring, and the last to drop its leaves in the Fall. It's always about a month behind the others. But we love it anyway, and maybe one day with lots of hard work and practice, it will catch up with the rest of the trees on the street. We really do love our trees, so I shouldn't complain.
After a long day's work, Anna and I went to the library. We got some good books and rented a few DVDs. Anna and I needed a good chick flick for tonight, so we got Annie. I love that little orphan! And Anna was really into it too. Must be all the singing, dancing, the doggie, and that cool guy that can make stuff float in the air. Looks like this is going to be a DVD to purchase! And remember...you're never fully dressed without a smile! And the sun will come out tomorrow! Oh boy, I'm totally going to be singing these songs the rest of the week. Another reason for Dave to be glad he's gone.
10 comments:
Sounds like Anna might have a little bit of Ella and Nora in her if she enjoys musicals. Annie is a definite purchase DVD. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
Wow, if I didn't know better I'd think you were living in Michigan. Just remind yourself it's well worth the beauty and shade they provide! (at least that's what we do:)
Ashley, looks like all the bags at our house...but Matt did most of the work! You should've called us. I'm sure Matt wanted to do more leaves! :) Hey, somehow I only have your old email address and not your current one (I think..unless you still have your work one). I'll try that one but if it is new email me so I can send you another invite for the blog! :)
What a worker ash! I'm proud of you, that 's a lot of leaves. Hey how did you get that cute header?
Good Work, Ashley! I can't believe you did all that by yourself...you good wifey! Dave's one lucky guy! I'm glad you guys are doing okay without him!
Wow...so many bags of leaves.
Sorry we couldn't stay longer (and Wes wants to apologize for getting your cars so dirty from the rain gutters!).
Lets us know if you need anymore help.
You must be feeling so productive after seeing all those bags filled up to the brim with leaves! Good job! One more thing to check off the list!
When I first saw all those bags I thought you had filled all of them yourself. I'm so glad you had help! Please call me for the next round. I'm serious! We've been working with our kids on the value of hard work. This would be a great project for them, and of course a good excuse to sneak in another visit with Anna. I think the last time I saw Annie was when I was 8. I'll have to rent it for my kids. What a fun girls time together!
Heidi, I'm trying to learn how to do Photoshop, although I'm not a very good teacher to myself. You'll probably see lots of experiments on my blog until one day I finally figure it out. Or until I take that class I've been wanting to take for 4 years! I'm a wannabe desinger! If you send me a pic, I can try and do a header for you.
holy crap ash! that's crazy, our trees are still totally green here. the leaves don't fall off the trees until december or january. hopefully i'll miss that part this year! looks great all cleaned up.
Post a Comment