Thursday, August 9, 2007

Where did it go?

They warned me that it might happen, but I didn't think it would happen to me. I've officially lost it. Something that goes along with being a mom. Wait, what was I saying? Oh ya, I've lost my brain! Seriously what's going on? I can't remember anything anymore. It's funny at times, but it could potentially be dangerous! Like when I put cookies in the oven and then forget and they get burned to a crisp. I even set the timer, so that didn't even help. That's all we'd need a flood and then a fire! From leaving my sunglasses at the salon, and misplacing many other things along the way, to putting face wash in my hair instead of gel, I'm beginning to worry about myself. Does anyone else have this problem? You would naturally think that I'm losing my brain because I only work part-time now and I'm not using it as much...FALSE! I feel like I use my brain more now than ever before! There's a lot of calculating, multi-tasking, and strategy involved in being a mom. Is this what is using all my brain power? Don't get me wrong, it's totally worth it, but I'm beginning to worry about the safety of my family. Like I'll forget to pick up Anna from soccer or dance or something. Maybe it's the worrying that's causing it. Who knows. Anyway, I've lost my brain and I'm really trying hard to remember where I was when I had it last. Any guidance would be appreciated. Now back to whatever it was that I was doing before this. (Seriously, what was I doing? I started this, and then Anna wanted out of her excersaucer, diaper change, phone call, and then the floor guy came over, and then this, hmmm. oh well. Hopefully it wasn't important!)

4 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Too funny Ash! And so true. I am of the opinion that your brain gets sucked out along with the milk. At least that excuse worked for me. I can't be sure mine has returned yet, so I wouldn't me much help finding yours. Good Luck!

kara jayne said...

Too bad that it just gets worse! I got a great email once that illustrated it perfectly....how you start doing something and get distracted by something else until the day is gone and you never actually did the original thing you intended to! Good thing we have these great kids to show for our brain loss....I just tell myself that I keep giving the best of myself to them...that's why they are so wonderful!!

Sue said...

I always tell you that I love reading your blog, because it reminds me of all the stages you go through with being a new mom. You always express it so well! I didn't journal anything during that time and I really regret it. I love reliving the memories through you. It's been so long since I lost my mind that I can't even remember ever having one. I figure I need about 6 months of uninterrupted sleep to get it back. Since that's not going to happen. I'll have to live life this way for a while. I'm glad I'm in good company. Through all your posts, even though your going through changes and challenges you can always tell how much you love being a mom and that you wouldn't change it for anything! Your the best Ashley!

tyandmichellecall said...

I'm already experiencing the "loosing it" and I'm only pregnant! If it gets worse, I'm not sure what I'll do. Figure it out for me and then I'll come to YOU for the advice! -Michelle