Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Swinging!

On Saturday after a yummy breakfast with some friends at Eggs in the City, we decided to stop at a park on the way home. We thought it was time for Anna to have a go on her first big girl (baby) swing. Once she was all buckled in and Dave gave her a big push, her eyes lit up and the biggest giggle of all time came out! She was so excited! I don't think I've ever heard her laugh so hard before. It was so fun. She just laughed and laughed and I just tried to soak up every minute of it. Since we went there on a whim, we didn't have a camera with us, so we didn't capture the first moments. But we live nearby the park, so Dave ran home to grab the camera to document this "first" for Anna. Each one of her "firsts" just get better and better!

7 comments:

Deming Family said...

How cute! I can't believe she's big enough for that. I'm glad you were able to get a picture. It was so fun to hang out the other night. I can't believe how good Anna is!

gaylynne said...

I love that you are documenting each of Anna's "Firsts". You two are such great parents. I love looking at the pictures as I can better imagine how Anna reacts. One of life's joys is watching little kids and their reactions. If life could be so exciting and simple as we age.... Savor the time you spend with her. Love, Mom

Darcie said...

Caroline is a big swing fan as well. We'll have to get them back to back in a baby swing--boy, the pictures your mom would take of that!!

Stina said...

Cute story! I just came to your blog and found all these new posts. I think since it is private it isn't showing up on my Google Reader so I'll have to make sure to come back and read your blog every few days. I love to see all your new pictures!

Sue said...

Sorry Ashley! You've been tagged by me! See my blog for the details.

Stacie said...

Ash... I love Anna. I seriously feel like I get to watch you grow up. she is your spitting image. good luck this weekend at the reunion!!

lbb said...

Hi! Gotta love the swing...jack loves that too, so we spend lotsa time at the park! Let's meet there soon...looks like the "shop n go" park, eh? Cute Anna.