Wednesday, July 18, 2007

FLOODED

For real. Yesterday. Our basement, our kitchen, and part of our living room. If you know how small our house is, you would realize that that is most of it! We are left with our bedroom, bathroom, and Anna's room thankfully. I want to run away and pretend it didn't happen, but that won't help. What a crappy day. Our house flooded, my sister-in-law got in a bad car accident with her kids, and a relative of Dave's died - all in one day! So I probably won't be blogging for awhile until we get the mess cleaned up! All I can say is that I'm glad we're "in good hands with Allstate!"

10 comments:

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

I've been there! Our first basement apartment flooded and it is aweful! I wish I lived closer and I would come and help! I hope your sister-in-law is okay and that Dave is okay too! What a day! I am so sorry-just look at Anna, she will make you smile, that's what I always do!
Much Love!

d feist said...

What a nightmare! I thought my day was bad when Boss Hogg woke us up at 5:00 AM - he was standing on the fireplace, peeing into it. Hope things get cleaned up quickly for you.

Stina said...

That is awful! The storm yesterday was nuts! I hope that everything gets cleaned up and in order relatively smoothly. Let me know if I can help!

Amy and Wes said...

Ashley...
So sorry for the terrible day (and all on your b-day...Happy Birthday to you!)
Turning 27 is the pits, just one step closer to 30, ugh.
But really am so soory for all the unfortunate events.
Let us know how we can help.
Amy

gaylynne said...

Ash: I'm so sad that your birthday was ruined by your flood and I wasn't in town to help you. I'm trying to fly home tonight. Hopefully, everything will be okay for you and the rest of the Kelly family. I will help you however I can. Love, Mom

Goodrich's said...

Keep your chin up Ash! Luckily days like that only come along every now and then.

Muranda said...

I am so sorry Ashley, I would love to help you in any way I can. Please email me and give me your number. murandabarker@gmail.com

That seriously sucks.

tyandmichellecall said...

Well, I guess that means we won't be buying your house if we move to Salt Lake for residency! Just kidding... good luck with the clean-up.

Rebecca said...

Are you kidding me? What a day...I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, floods are quite familiar to us too. I'm crossing my fingers that our basement in Michigan won't be flooded when we get home. GOOD LUCK and call us if you need help!

-Becca

Sarah said...

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear about your flood. That stinks!