Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Wiggly Concert

Anna went to her first concert on Saturday.
And it wasn't just any concert, it was her favorite band, The Wiggles!




Anthony, Jeff, Murray, and the new guy Sam, toot-tooted, chugga-chuggaed, in that big red car on the stage and she couldn't quite believe her eyes. She was seriously stunned.

She kept pointing to them making sure I saw them too. For the first few songs, she sat there very serious and just stared. Then she started to bounce a little, and then clap, and as soon as her favorite song, "Do the Monkey" came on, she was ready to dance! It was so fun watching her reactions to everything. She was pretty excited to see the Wiggles and their Wiggly friends (Dorothy, Wags, Henry, and Captain Feathersword). They sang all the classics and some we've never heard before, and of course we had to wake up Jeff a few times.

The only unfortunate moment of the show was the unflattering Wiggly disco outfits. It was kind of embarrassing for them. But it didn't bother Anna, she still pointed her fingers, and did the twist as best as she could.


The Wiggles with Mommy AND Daddy (lucky us! Dave had more than 12 hours off!), dancing, smuggled in microwave popcorn, and a hundred or so other kids...I think this was Anna's favorite Saturday ever.

And you know you're in the south when there's a brew fest and a gun show at the same time and the same venue as the Wiggles concert.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Isn't crazy how drastically your entertainment changes when you have kids:) Man, I always wanted to take my kids to a Wiggles concert when they where into them. They haven't ever came to Utah. I guess it's one of the bonuses of living back east.

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I hope Anna realizes how lucky she is to have a mommy who finds tons of fun activities for her.

morgan and ashley boyack said...

So cute! I wish I could get Matthew to watch anything. Unlike the other three boyack boys, I cannot get him to watch t.v. I wish I could get him to sit still long enough for a short brake!!! Anna looks like she enjoyed the show!!!

Stina said...

What a cute family outing! I'm so glad Dave could join you too!

Darcie said...

We are too jealous to leave a civilized comment... No fair!!

Katy said...

My kids would love that, if they ever come to SLC you better believe we are going!

Deming Family said...

What a fun adventure! I'm so glad you got to go! Do the Wiggles come to Utah? I'm so glad you posted about this. I swear I'd have as much fun, I LOVE the wiggles. I know, I'm crazy but I serioulsy think they're awesome.

mary kelly said...

I am so glad you do such fun things with Anna. She is such a lucky little girl. The Wiggles are the best and watching Anna have such fun must have warmed your heart like nothing else. She is a doll.