Sunday, June 3, 2007

Half Birthday

**I decided to write a letter of my random thoughts of Anna on her 6 month b-day today. This is really for my record only, but thought I would post it anyway, so sorry for the cheese.

My dear little Anna,

Happy Half Birthday sweetie! I can't believe you are six months old today! Half of a year, that's a long time, but it has gone by too fast. You are getting so big and I love how every day your personality comes out more and more. I love that you love to give me cuddles and hugs and you have the biggest smile that melts my heart every time you flash it (with your two teeth!) You love your daddy and whenever you hear his voice you stop whatever you're doing and look for him. (sometimes he's just in the phone though and that it quite puzzling to you) You think it's funny when you sneeze. Some days, you will do raspberries all day long. Your new favorite toy is your package of wipes. You are grabbing everything you can get your hands on. You still are really talkative and you like to squeak a lot. You LOVE other kids. I hope that means you'll be a great friend to everyone you meet and that you'll be a good big sister one day. Your sassy side is coming out now and you have started to push my hand away when you don't want something. You have the cutest laugh and you think I'm so funny (or just crazy). I absolutely love you so much and want you to know how lucky I feel to be your mother. You bring so much joy to our home. You've changed so much in six months, I can only imagine what the next six will bring! I love your beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. They remind me of my grandma's (who you were named after). I love the way you wrinkle your nose when you laugh and get excited. I love the bond that I already feel with you and I hope I can be your best friend always. I love you sweet Anna!

xoxoxoxo

Mommy

6 comments:

gaylynne said...

Ashley: You had me in tears after reading your loving message to Anna. I felt like I was reliving my time with you as my sweet little girl. I know all mothers feel that strong love but not until you are a mother can one really experience or imagine such a love. I remember how you told me you would always be my little girl and promised you wouldn't grow up. Now you too know that strong love that mothers feel. Enjoy your moments and memories with Anna. Love, Mom

gaylynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darcie said...

Very sincere and tender Ashley. You're a sweet and wonderful mom to match your sweet baby girl. I love baby girls!

Stina said...

I'm glad you shared that with us (on your blog). I love hearing about your experience as a mother and it makes me excited to be one someday!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

I loved that letter Ashley! I know just what you mean! Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world! And it just gets better and better every day! I have loved every stage, but it's true, it goes way too fast! I hope I get to meet sweet Anna someday! Love ya!

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

Such a sweet letter! You can tell that you just love your little girl so much!