Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spinning

For the past month or so, I feel like I have been spinning in every direction. I'm sure we all feel like this most days, but for some reason it has been extra crazy lately. Last week I felt like the room was literally spinning and I just had to lay down for a half hour. There's Dave's high school reunion, Anna's passport delay, (for a trip we are leaving on very soon! Yikes! It better get here!), my new church calling (which I taught for the first time last week, and instead of feeling relieved after, I was even more scared. I have to do that again!), and lots of other stuff going on that I won't bore you with. I know we all have our own things going on in our lives that keep us busy, but sometimes I just want to stop and breathe don't you? I don't know how all of you do it all! And then to top it all off, I was running an errand yesterday at Fashion Place Mall and a lady in her posh Volvo SUV pulls right out in front of me and hits me! Yes, it was just a small crunch, but a crunch nonetheless, so we had to go through the ordeal with the police and it was so fun. Anna endured her first (and hopefully last!) car accident. Luckily, since it was the other lady's fault, her insurance will take care of it. The funny thing is I am driving around a car that has marks on 3 of the 4 corners and I didn't cause any of them! It looks like I am quite a destructive driver. Anyway, I'm glad it was just a fender bender and that we're all safe. Now if only I could stop life from spinning somehow...I guess I'll just enjoy the ride for now!

8 comments:

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

Hey, Ashley - where are you going with Anna? An international trip already-wow!

There was a little blurb in the Post's travel section today about all the passport delays. It says that currently applications take about 12 weeks. It says that is your trip is within the next 2 weeks and your passport hasn't arrived, you should call the Nat'l Passport Info Ctr. for information at 877-487-2778. But it is nearly impossible to get through - best to try between 6-8:30am and 9:30pm-midnight (that's EST). If your trip is more than 2 weeks away, you won't get help from the Nat'l Passport Info Center (they're prioritizing calls) - so instead go to the website to track your application: www.travel.state.gov

If your application was lost it will say "no record found". Don't panic until 14 days before you trip, says the Post.

Good luck!!

Stina said...

Hi Ashley, you sure do have a lot on your plate, but I think the coping mechanism I've adopted is to stop and just think of 3 things I'm grateful for right that second (very Oprah-esque!). It sounds cheesy, but it really does help me when I'm feeling overwhelmed and crazy. Today I woke up thinking of all the stuff I had to get done and I had this idea pop into my head to make everything as fun as possible as my theme for today. I had to vacuum the whole house so I turned on the radio and BLASTED it super high and danced around. I still had to vacuum and it was still a chore, but I made it the most fun vacuuming I could make it. Anyway, let's talk tomorrow and have a mini therapy session. :) Also keep your eyes on the prize -- Mexico is just around the corner!!

Darcie said...

Sorry about the fender bender! I'm always scared something will happen when I'm driving Caroline. I got rear-ended on the freeway a few weeks ago, but luckily I was on my way to get Caroline, and she wasn't in the car yet.

Muranda said...

Amen...I know the feeling. I can't help but feel like it has to start to slow down at one point. Having a little one makes things a lot more difficult to get done, but also a lot more fun! You are quite the woman to take on everything that you have lately!

kara jayne said...

I wish I could say it will all get easier, but I will say that this is good practice for what is to come! I have learned that each stage we go through is not so that we can "arrive" at some point, but to prepare us for the next stage which will bring with it it's own new exciting challenges. I'm not worried about you though...you're one "together" cookie!

Goodrich's said...

And so it goes in the life of a mother. Hang in there Ash... maybe someone's trying to tell you to stop and smell the roses! Keep on keepin' on! Enjoy what ever fun vacation you have planned, sounds exciting :)

Rebecca said...

You guys just don't ever stop! Where are you going? It was fun getting together. We'll have to do it again very soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the passport will arrive in time. What's your new calling? Teaching can always be scary especially if it's Sunday School. I'm glad that you're alright and the car is only crunched. It's hard not to get overwhelmed. Hang in there.