Thursday, June 14, 2007

a few good links

While I'm at work I come across a lot of interesting (as well as boring) links through my research or through our company junkmail (mass forwards). I will spare you from the boring ones, but I thought I would share these:
  • 2smrt4u - I've become much more paranoid now that I'm a mother. There's no way Anna is ever getting a myspace account with all those pervs out there! (have you ever seen those Datelines?) But I know social networking is the hot thing right now and the weirdos out there are loving it so you have to be careful what you post. I know that a few of you are involved in the Young Women's program at church and I think this site could be helpful for teen girls out there. It also has a link for parents and has a huge list of the IM language that I do not understand. IDK my BFFs! W/E! Just thought it might be useful and it's good to spread the word.
  • Not sure what to call this one...America's consumption I guess. An artistic way of looking at the stark reality of how much we consume. Kind of sad and scary, but remember, it's cool to be green these days so reduce, reuse, recycle. :)

6 comments:

Stina said...

That 2SMRT4U site is really... scary and interesting. I don't know if I've ever felt more old than when reading that list. Since when was "talk to you later" TLK2UL8R? I guess I am of the generation where TTYL (which is also on the list) was the abbreviation. I'm glad you found something somewhat interesting in your work article reading! :)

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

Thanks for the info-it is so good to know even though I hate thinking about that kind of stuff!

Stohl Family said...

thanks for the site...I'm glad you found it. Remember when we were talking about needing that info? Scary! Kids these days!

Stohl Family said...

hope your having fun on your vacay!

Darcie said...

Great links Ashley. I know when I was released from yw last summer, this is definitely the direction the bishopric was headed in for helping the youth. Hopefully word gets out about these sites.

Sue said...

Ashley- I'm checking your blog again for, like, the hundreth time. I know how crazy life is as a new mother. I'm sure you have a million other things to do then post on your blog. It's just that I miss you. I hope you return soon. It was great to see you last week!