Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I thought November was going to be dreadful because Dave was working nights all month, but it wasn't too bad. Luckily I have these two adorables to help keep me company. Here's a brief glance of our Thanksgiving festivities this year.




Anna had a little Thanksgiving feast at her preschool and she loved her little pilgrim outfit. I got to go for the feast and it was so cute to see the kids all decked out in their Thanksgiving getups. I love her school.


Anna is really into arts and crafts these days. She wants to do them all day long and she would if I had enough supplies and patience. It's so fun to see her creativity blossom lately. We made several Thanksgiving projects, but this turkey hat was her fav.



We had some fun Thanksgiving snacks too. She loves this kind of stuff. She really eats it up. (ha-ha-ha)


I don't have a picture of it, but we did a little "Thankful Tree" and it was fun thinking about and talking about all that we are grateful for. Every day Anna would say "I'm thank you for...." I never corrected her because I thought it was so darn cute. But I'm sorry to say that Dora made Anna's list before me, Dave, or Zack. We just can't compete with that little explorer and her monkey.


On Thanksgiving day, Dave came home and slept while Anna "helped" me cook. We went to our friends, the Blackhams, with our other good friends, the Wards. They are such great families and we had a fun time together. Anna loves hanging out with their older girls and thinks they are the bees knees. Dave had to take off for the hospital, but he managed to fit in dessert just in time. We are lucky to have such great friends here to share holidays with when we're away from family. And did I mention the food? It was SO good. We all did a fab job if I don't say so myself! And then we all rolled ourselves outtathere.



I love this time of year and love creating traditions and memories with our little family. So much to be grateful for.

No comments: