She is 100% princess these days and will only clothe herself in royal attire. From the minute she wakes up. And it is quite the battle to get her to change out of it to go anywhere. Sometimes she wins.
Just in time for the princess obsession, my mom sent my dresses that she had saved - Snow White and Alice in Wonderland. I clearly remember these dresses and how much I adored them. The Alice in Wonderland one was what I wore to my 5th birthday party. The video from that party is infamous in my family. (Nothing to do with the dress, just some funny guests, one being my brother Wes) I digress....Anyway, it is so fun to see the same excitement in Anna about these dresses.
Our little Snow White
She had to have a red bow in her hair just like Snow White.
Our little Alice.
The funny thing is, she hasn't even seen either of these movies yet. We've read the stories and that's enough for her I guess. (She'll be getting Alice before our next big road trip next month)
If Anna is not in a princess gown or dress up of some kind, she MUST be in a dress. It's driving me a little crazy actually. We just don't have that many dresses and I don't want her to ruin her church ones. She already ripped one riding her tricycle in it the other day. Sometimes she'll settle for a skirt. And if my negotiation skills are really good, I can get her to wear shorts when we're going to the park or out to play.
Oh and she is really in to my high heels lately. She loves traipsing around the house and almost spraining her ankles in them. This picture makes me a little sad because it proves to me how much she's grown. She's hit a big growth spurt lately and I'm having a hard time with it. It's like I came home from the hospital with Zack, and suddenly my little baby girl was not so little anymore. This dress fit her at the beginning of the year. It went past her knees! She's growing up alright.
Have I mentioned accessories? Well, she adores them. Always has, if you count all the bags she's liked to tote around her whole life. Now it's jewels, hats, gloves, leg warmers, you name it. It cracks me up because as girly as she is, she still loves to play in the dirt, pick up rocks and worms, kick around the ball, and play with her "toolbox." And occasionally she'll take off her accessories to do these things. She's well rounded I guess!
3 comments:
I love how girly she is! I still remember the pictures of her with her purses and precious belongings. She is so funny and congrats on the potty training!
Hallejulia on the potty training!
And your two kiddies are just adorable!
Miss you!
You are so lucky she is so girly! I wish Caroline would wear dresses, she is a plain pants and shirts girl! I loved her in the Alice and Wonderland outfit. She looks just like Alice! What a beautiful family. Looks like all is well!
Post a Comment