
March 2, 2010
3:57 pm
6.87 lbs
20 inches
One week ago, our little Zack decided to come a little early. 2 weeks early. I got up to take one of the many night trips to the bathroom around 4:30am and on the way back to bed, my water broke. It wasn't a huge gush and I wasn't having contractions, so Dave tried to convince me to go back to bed and "wait and see." But you see you can't really do that when you're water breaks. So I called my doctor and she told us to go to the hospital. There was no rush since I wasn't having contractions, so it was kind of nice to take a shower and have breakfast. We dropped Anna off at our good friends house and off we went to have a baby! That drive to the hospital knowing that you're going there to HAVE a baby is always a mixture of excitement and anxiety and surrealism all in one.

I wasn't very good at taking pictures of my belly progress this time. So I had Dave take one before we left for the hospital.
All I-Ved up and ready to go.
We got to the hospital around 8:30am. Since I wasn't having strong contractions, they gave me some pitocin to get things moving along around noon. That kicked in pretty quick and I was ready for the epidural around 1:45. An hour and a half or so later it was time to push. I looked at the nurse in shock. It seemed to soon. Anna took 22 hours to get here. How could I already be ready? Sure enough, Zack was ready! Pushed for 20 minutes or so and our beautiful baby Zack was born!
He looks just like his Daddy.

Anna was so excited to meet her little brother. I'll never forget the sweet look on her face when she met him. You can tell that I absolutely loved this moment because I couldn't quite narrow down the pictures to post.




And of course, our other baby in the family, "Baby Emma" who goes everywhere with us, had to meet baby Zack too. I think she's actually bigger than he is!

Like I said, these moments were precious to me. But fast forward an hour or so when Anna realized she had to go home with Daddy and Grandma and leave baby brother at the hospital...not. so. precious. It was quite the scene. She had been up since 5:30 that morning and was beyond tired, and this was one of her best tantrums yet. She kicked and screamed all the way out of the hospital, yelled at Dave for being a "naughty boy!" and I'm sure woke up much of the hospital with her high pitched scream. I'm glad I missed it. Hopefully she will always be this loyal to her little baby brother and never want to leave him behind again. She really has been so sweet with him. She adores him.
And I must say that I am so very grateful for my mom. I called her at 3:00am or so her time to tell her we were going to the hospital. So she jumped on a plane ASAP (she can fly standby) and got here that very night. We are so lucky to have her here to help! Especially since Dave and I were both sick and Anna had a double ear infection. And I will forever be grateful to my dear friend Laura who had Anna plus her 3 kids all day then hauled them all out to the airport to pick up my mom...in the snow! (Snow is not common here and usually people don't even go out if it's snowing) I feel so blessed to have a great support in my family and true friends.

We went from 3 to 4 and I like the way 4 feels already. I am expecting chaos, but I know there will be some magical moments mixed in too. I love our little family of four. Welcome to our family Zack!

9 comments:
Everyone looks awesome!!! We are so excited for your family. Anna will be a loving sister and a great babysitter some day. We can't wait to hear all the wonderful stories of little Zack and big sister Anna!
Yea! Congratulations again. Very, very cute pictures of all of you. I love that Anna called Dave a "naughty boy." Hee hee.
Yay! I loved reading your birth story and all the details. It sounds like a blessed event all around and everyone looks happy and healthy. I'm so glad your mom and friends were around to help you out. I also love your comment about how you like the way 4 feels. We send all our best to your little family!
we are so excited baby zack is here safe and healthy! oh, and max could not be more happy that zack was born on his birthday. it's a good one!
we love you guys so much and can't wait to see you...sometime! i think zack looks so much like anna. i'm sure he looks so different even now.
know we love you and are thinking about you.
Congrats Kelly fam on the new little addition!
What a cute little family. I loved reading this post! Congratulations!
Loved this post!! Congrats Kelly family!
Ahhh, we're so excited to meet little Zack. So glad everything went well. Good luck with 2!
Wonderful news. He looks perfect! I can't believe how good you looked in your last pregnant days. Good job! Anna is so adorable. We miss seeing you guys. Lots of love your way!
Post a Comment