Can't believe it's been 3 weeks with this sweet boy! It's hard to imagine my life without him now. It just seems like he's always been a part of our family and that I've known him forever. And it's just impossible not to love this little man.
So here's a little update on Zack's first 3 weeks:
• gained 2 pounds, he's now 8.1. He's 25th percentile on everything.

• his newborn clothes still drown him though

• umbilical cord fell off - finally! Looks like he's got an outie.
• got his first real bath and loved it! So glad because those sponge baths were torture for us both! 
- puts up with a lot of hugs and kisses and craziness from his big sister



- And when she's not all over him, you may find her in a bouncy seat doing some reading in her American Girl catalog.
- he has the cutest little baby sideburns ever (this picture doesn't quite do them justice)
- he has back hair! I think this is the only age that it could possibly be labeled as cute.
- he finally has bum cheeks!
- he makes the sweetest newborn noises. mostly grunting and squeaking.

- has a little heart murmur. We have an echo scheduled next month to check it out.
It's crazy how fast the days are going by. And I am resisting getting back to "normal" life. I like being in our little newborn bubble and not worrying about my other responsibilities. Although, the time has come for life and routine to kick in.
Tonight was the first night I was on my own for bedtime. (poor Dave has been at the hospital 17 hours and counting...) Sure it got a little chaotic at some points. Anna running away from me naked. Zack crying because he's hungry. Anna begging, I mean, whining, for another story. Then a piece of bread. And water. And so on. But I managed fine. And after prayers were said and kisses were given, both of those babies of mine were asleep. I laid there looking at them thinking of how lucky I am that they are mine. So lucky. I could have stared at them all night. Love those 2 so much! 

My favorite 3

8 comments:
Sweet sweet post Ashley! Thanks for posting the cute pictures. I loved being with your little family during this special time. Thank you for sharing your joy with me. Give Anna a big hug and kiss for me!
Pictures are wonderful. Zack seems to have his only little gentle ways. It also looks like Anna is enjoying your new journey!
he is so so beautiful. seriously ash...so precious. i miss you so much. i admire you so much. i'm so happy for you. being a mother is the greatest blessing in this life.
Oh these pictures are making me anxious for my little one! Love Anna in these shots too... she is really a hoot!
Bravo for handling your first night alone! I am totally in awe of all moms who have two. I feel like I am barely coping handling one! I will have to watch and take notes. Zack is the sweetest baby ever. I love how involved Anna is too! Yay for more blog posts!
I love all those pictures. Those kids are really too cute! I love that she has some wholesome reading material at her age. That last photo is a keeper also.
He is so cute Ash!
Post a Comment