Friday, May 15, 2009

A Visit from Grandma G

I know I am so incredibly behind on blogging! I really wish I didn't have to sleep so I could just stay up one night and get it all done at once, but I don't think I would be a very good mommy the next day. So I'll keep trying to get caught up little by little. And then catch up on the life that was happening while I was catching up. haha. It never slows down, but I guess that's a good thing. What's that quote?..."Life is what happens while we're making other plans" or something like that...Anyway here's a few fun pictures of a post that I started a month ago about my mom's visit in March. We're so lucky that she has airline benefits to pop in for visits frequently. One thing is for sure Anna really loves her grandmas!

Mom got here the weekend after the "big" snowstorm and by the end of the week it was 80 degrees. We headed to Pilot Mountain first where Anna had fun finding puddles from the melting snow. This mountain is much different than the ones we're used to, but it's still beautiful.



I miss Mayberry

I bet you didn't know that the real Mayberry is just a few miles from us. Yup. Andy Griffith's real hometown with Aunt Bea, Opie and whistlin and fishin. The real name of the city is Mt. Airy. And it was quite charming. We strolled down main street, talked to the nice old men sittin on the street, and stopped in for a shake at the malt shop. Anna had to let every know she wasn't a small town girl, so she wore her red heart sunglasses around and everyone called her Hollywood.
And we couldn't miss out on this photo op. Wally's Service Station. These are for you Dad...

I really think that my dad would buy this truck if it were for sale.


The next day we went to Tanglewood Park and let Anna run around the playground and watch the ducks on the lake. We were all excited to be out in the sunshine on a beautiful day.

Anna loved having Grandma G here to play with and have somebody else to push her on the swing. Still her favorite outside activity.


Another good thing about Grandma G coming is that she always takes a lot of pictures. And then I get some cute ones like this of Anna just doing her regular silly stuff that I always forget to take pictures of.

Thanks for coming to visit Grandma G! We love you!

7 comments:

morgan and ashley boyack said...

looks like a great trip for all!!! Loved the Soda Shop Pictures!! We have a few in our small town! Not as cute as yours though! You all look great!

Stina said...

What cute pictures! I love Anna in her pigtails! You and your mom look so much alike in that last photo!

It sounds like you guys are really enjoying visiting different areas in your region. You are the best travellers!

Amy and Wes said...

What a fun time. And so lucky that Gaylynne does have those wonderful flight benefits to come visit often.
It is so fun to see what a wonderful place you guys live in, and we sure hope to come visit! And of course are so excited to see you guys this summer!!! Anna is adorable, and growing up so fast. I know I didn't know you as a little girl Ashely, but I swear she is a mini you.

Darcie said...

Looks like fun! I hope we can make it out to N. Carolina soon. We love Anna's pigtails, Caroline pointed them out immediately!

d feist said...

Look at your little lady! She's so big. I'm jealous you had a malt in Mayberry. That was my dad's favorite show and I think I've seen every episode.

Stacie said...

So much fun. and such great pics. Anna is lucky to have such a fun grandma.

lbb said...

how fun to have your mom there!
ashley...you have one year of residency down! wahoo!
anna is a little doll. she and jack will have to get together 20 years from now!
xoxo.
liz