Sunday, January 11, 2009

A sign...

...that Dave needs to get more sleep and be done with this Urology rotation he's on right now:

Last night we were watching TV and Dave fell asleep (a usual occurrence).

I asked him a question, to which he responded, "Are you going to take her catheter out?"

Did he just say what I think he said?

I ask laughing, "What did you say?"

"Take her catheter out!"

I couldn't stop laughing. And Dave just rolled over and continued snoozing...

Poor guy worked over 80 hours in just 5 days. And it was his birthday. Can't blame him for sleeptalking strange hospital phrases.

TGUIOT (Thank Goodness Urology is Over on Tuesday!)

7 comments:

lbb said...

ha! that's so funny, ashley! he does need more sleep! why does he have to do urology for p.s.? crazy.
thanks for your comment. sid didn't apply to w.f., but he did love duke & u.n.c.! esp, duke! we'll see! i think we feel more confused than clear on this, to be honest. there really are so many great places. to be continued! love, liz

jacey said...

It sounds like you are writing about Nate- seriously, he does and says similar things. Sometimes when he is sleep-talking I will play along with him like I am a doctor and ask him further medical questions to see what he will say. :)

kara jayne said...

This too shall pass...

...just the talking about medical things. NOT the falling asleep watching T.V. thing.

Darcie said...

Oh Ashley, so funny!

And why are you just sitting there reading this comment? Dave asked you to take her catheter out!

Jill said...

that makes me laugh! Happy b-day Dave!

Stina said...

That is hilarious! Can't wait for Tuesday - you will have to celebrate!

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Morgab laughed super hard! What a funny story