We were lucky enough to have Dave's parents in town for Labor Day, AND Dave had the weekend off, AND we went to the beach! It was all around a fabulous weekend.
I knew it was off to a good start when we checked into our hotel and they were serving ice cream with toppings! Anna was too excited she could barely keep her shorts on (well actually they are a little big for her still) Once she got her ice cream, she zoned out and scraped every last bit out of the bowl that she could.
Anna eating her ice cream in her ice cream shirt. And she didn't even plan it!
We stayed at a great place on Carolina Beach and Anna was so excited that she could see the beach from our room. She must have remembered it from last time because she kept pointing out the window saying, "Beach! Beach!"
Anna dancing excitedly out on the balcony
Anna thought it was funny to have her feet buried by daddy.
Anna LOVES the sand. I feel a little guilty about not having a sandbox for her, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the mess. So maybe it will just have to be a good excuse to visit the beach often. Any thoughts from sandbox moms? How do you keep it out of the house, and out of their hair and diapers?
"culdoo! culdoo!"
(That is Anna for Cool Dude! whenever she puts on sunglasses)
Anna loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa at the beach. (And I think the feelings were mutual!)
The next day we went to Wilmington and toured around the cute charming old city.
Here we are with the horses and trolley that took us around the city.
Last time we went to the Aquarium we bought a pass, so we just had to go back for more under the sea fun.
Anna loves playing in the tide pool - especially touching the starfish.
always making time to stop and smell the flowers
Later that evening, we found another little beach park that had a nice walking trail. I didn't want to get out at first because I knew I would just be chasing Anna around and telling her to not throw rocks. But I'm glad we did because it was a nice relaxing walk with beautiful surroundings. Don't get me wrong, Anna still ran and picked up rocks, but Dave promised he would be in charge. So yes, it was relaxing.
Anna pondering life on her rock bench
On our final day we had to check out by noon, so we had a few more fun hours at the beach. Anna liked getting her toes in the ocean, but didn't want to go swimming this time. She loved collecting seashells and sitting in her water hole. We timed it right, because this was the beach that got the big storm from Hurricane Hannah last weekend.
After check out, we took Dave's parents back to the alligator/turtle park that we went to before. No alligator sightings this time, but plenty of turtles. This park fascinates me just because it's so unique to me. Nothing like I've ever seen before. I'm sure they're a dime a dozen in the south, but it's new to us, so we love it.
We had a great time with Colin and Mary on their quick visit. Anna LOVES having Grandma (and Grandpa) around and usually has to be in her arms the whole time. We hope they come back to visit again soon!
our sweetheart. This picture just sums her up to me. Ice cream on her face, down her shirt (along with drool, juice and who knows what else), sticky fingers, and a look with those big blue eyes that melts my heart.
10 comments:
Thanks for the invite! And the email - it was great to hear from you. These pictures are so cute - Anna is just so big! I think she looks just like you. Oh, and have you tried baby powder? The sand comes right off.
We love our Anna! (and Ashley too). Great pictures of the cute girl!
Cute cute cute cute cute cute post.
And cute family.
Tell me again why you moved away?
I am so glad you had so much fun. We were actually kicking ourselves for not coming, but flying 6 people to North Carolina on short notice was a bit to rich for our blood!! I promise we will come soon. A few thoughts about the post...
Nora has the same plaid shorts as Anna and they are way too big. They are now in my sewing pile to take them in!
Sandbox- you DON'T keep it out of the house, hair, or diapers. BUT, if it provides creative entertainment then I say YES!! Kids are kids, and our homes are lived in. Paul does not agree with me..hence...no sandbox at our house :(
One on one visits with Grandma and Grandpa are the best!!
We love you!
That looks like it was so much fun! I don't think that I've ever seen Colin without a collared shirt on. Something about that first picture makes him look like he's so relaxed and having a great time. You guys need to keep having him come out.
It looks like there is just so many fun activities to do.
Every time I see new pictures of Anna it looks like she's gaining more attitude by the minute. That girl has some sass. You need to watch out for her.
Sandbox? NO! I'm just not that nice of a mom. We even bought a really cool sailboat sandbox for our kids, but I never filled it up with sand. It was just a great little shady spot for them to play under. Not only are they a huge mess to deal with on a day-to-day basis, but they become a litter box to any stray cat or other animal. Gross.
I'm so glad that it worked out for Dave to have the time off while Mary and Colin where in town. I know it's rare for him to have the weekend off. I'm so happy that he was able to spend the time with you.
What a great weekend. I'm so glad you had company! We can't wait to come and play! Anna looks so much more grown up in just a few short months!
Thanks for the fun pics. I'm jealous you're so close to the beach! We miss you back here, but know you're having such a great adventure! Wish me luck with the labor, hopefully I'll have this little guy soon.
What a great trip. I am glad Dave had some time off. You guys sound like you are taking great advantage of where you are. Keep it!! We enjoy watching your sweet Anna grow up!
These pictures made me cry because I miss our little Anna and of course you and Dave! But they also made me so happy to remember the wonderful memories and the great time we had. Colin really relaxed for the first time in a long time(since our trip to France way last year.) I was so amazed that in such a short time (was it only 3 days?) that it seemed so relaxing and rewarding for the two of us. Thanks so very much for sharing your love, home, time, and little Anna with us!
how great to have visitors and get to do such fun stuff! Looks like there is a lot to do there!
Post a Comment