Sunday, July 27, 2008

This is right.

You know when you just know something is right? You can just feel it? It's such a great feeling. It gives you confidence, peace, and comfort for what's ahead.

On match day when Dave opened his envelope and read "Wake Forest", I had this overwhelming feeling of "rightness." I just knew this is what was right for our family.

Months later, now that we are sort of settled here, I felt this confirmation again. This is so right for us. At the end of church today, out of nowhere, I felt this strong feeling that we are here in North Carolina for a reason. I'm not sure exactly why, but I just got this feeling that this experience will be good for us. Not necessarily good as is fun. but good, as in growth, opportunity, learning, etc. And don't worry mom, this doesn't mean it's right for us forever, but for these six years at least.

I know there will be hard times over the next six years and we'll miss our family and friends, but having felt the Spirit whisper this strongly to me twice, I need to document this so I can remember this feeling when those hard times come. Maybe its the hard times that we will go through that will make it good for us in the end. Who knows? All I know for now, that this is right. And it feels good to be here.

3 comments:

Stina said...

I've had the same feeling before and always found it interesting that it would come even if the outside circumstances didn't seem particularly wonderful or happy. Meaning, it wasn't like there was an external "reason" for the rightness, but that it still was there. I'm so glad you are documenting it because it will definitely help you through the hard times.

Deming Family said...

That is so cool Ashley. I love moments like that because they seriously do get you through all the tough days. Thanks for sharing it with us!

kara jayne said...

RIGHT you are. We won't always know why. The Lord just asks us to have faith...and follow.