Dave and I just returned from North Carolina on a house hunting trip. It was a weird feeling going to a city that I've never been to before and realizing that this is just not a vacation destination, this is where I will be living for the next six years. Instead of relaxing in the car, I was trying to memorize streets and which direction was what way and so on. The good news is that I fell in love with Winston-Salem! It's so beautiful and green and there are so many charming old neighborhoods. You all really need to come out and visit! Especially because the other good news is that we found and bought a great home!
The home searching process was overwhelming. Soooo many options. And it's hard to pick a neighborhood in a city you've never been to before. The housing market is pretty good there and it was great to have so many options. It was a hard decision, but we feel really good about the one we chose. When it came down to it, we decided the neighborhood was most important to us. When I fall asleep at night, it won't be high ceilings, granite countertops, or huge kitchens that will make me happy about my day. It will be because Anna and I feel safe, we'll be surrounded by other families, and we can have a fun day with the neighborhood kids. (I hope!) We'll have room to grow over the next few years and the house even has....drumroll please...a 2 car garage!!! We need to do a little work on the kitchen, but everything else is pretty good. It was weird pulling away from the house on our last day knowing that the next time we see it, we'll be moving in.
Now we just need to sell our house here in SLC! Any buyers? Please!?! We're a getting a little anxious!
And because some of you have asked to see it, here's a picture of what we will call home for the next six years.
We're excited and we will make a good cozy guest bedroom for anyone who will come visit!
15 comments:
congrats Ashley! I am so glad things went so smoothly and you found a house you feel good about. You will love it! I am a little jealous of you! You will make such great friends and one day you will be soooo sad to leave that house. We will definitely come and visit...you know you can count on us coming!
The house is adorable! What a fun adventure. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your Winston-Salem fun at our next GNO.
Love ya!
YEA FOR YOU!! I'm so excited for you guys!! The house is adorable and you better be careful what you ask for because we WILL be visiting!! I love to visit family and get a real feel for their lives.
I'm with you on the neighborhood being the number one consideration. Besides...two car garage is rockin'! Glad to hear there is room to grow because I'm hopin' your really going to need it!! Love you.
Wow! It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys and we can't wait to visit!
Congratulations! What a beautiful home, and what an exciting adventure you guys are about to embark on!
What a beautiful place! I LOVE it. What a fun adventure. I can't wait to come see you. I'll be sure to make the trip more than once! I can't believe it though, I'm so happy for you but so sad you'll be leaving. It totally doesn't seem real!
What a cute house! Can't wait to come visit! I am so excited for you.
I love the house. It is so dang cute and I can't wait to see it in real life!
I am so excited for you and your new house! It looks perfect for you and I agree that location is the most important aspect! Congrats, I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!
That is so exciting! Congrats on the new home, it is so charming! We'll have to try to get together before youleave???
WAY cute house! how fun!
Wow, your new home is beautiful! Good luck on the move!
Love the new house! Wishing I could move in next door. I hope your house in SLC sells much faster than ours... its been on the dad-gum market 8 months now and counting, crappy I know!
We would love to come visit. Let me know if you need to borrow our sweet van for the move out there. Congrats!
Yeah! Congrats on the new home. I think you guys were smart on choosing the best location over best house. Isn't it fun buying a different style of home that you don't come by in Utah? I am excited for you guys and we will definitely be visiting you while you are there!
Post a Comment