skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Well Deserved
Last Friday night we went to the Alpha Omega Alpha banquet for Dave. It was a nice evening that Dave deserved after all of his hard work. Congressman Matheson spoke during the program and he gave an inspiring talk on priorities and excellence. Did you know that Kristi Yamaguchi was born with club feet and had to wear corrective casts during her childhood? Her parents encouraged her to take up ice skating as a sort of physical therapy for her feet and then of course we all know how much she achieved from then on. Wow! I pretty much feel lazy now. Congressman Matheson seems like a really good person and I enjoyed hearing him speak. Dave's dad came along for the evening as the proud father and as they spoke "med talk" I spoke with some of the other students' wives. It was quite refreshing to speak with other wives who have husbands with the same drive and dedication as Dave (i.e., study a LOT and at the hospital a LOT). Their husbands never wake up if the baby is crying because they're so darn tired and their kids are so surprised if Daddy's ever home. One of the wives told me a story about a surgery resident's wife who got into a car accident with her 3 kids. No one was injured, but it was still scary, and when she called her husband for help he said, "Um I'm kind of in the middle of an emergency here " I just had to laugh because I can totally picture that happening to me. (especially since I don't have a good track record with accidents) It's true though, he probably was in a real emergency and couldn't do much about his wife's accident. But they all survived and it makes for a funny story. Most of the student's were 4th years, so they are done and off to residency in a month. How exciting! I can't believe that will be us next year!
Congrats Dave!
Proud father and wife of Dave
1 comment:
Congrats Dave! What a great accomplishment (and a nice evening out too!). Also, congrats to you Ashley for being such a supportive wife. It can't be easy and you are always so supportive. Jim Matheson is a family friend and he is super nice; I'm glad you enjoyed his talk!
Post a Comment