Monday, November 16, 2009

It's morningtime!

Anna absolutely loves morning time lately. She gets up, lifts up the blinds to check and see what time of day it is, and is completely delighted when she finds sunshine (or just daylight) on the other side of the window.

This morning, after getting home pretty late from a trip last night (more on that later), she eagerly runs in our room, comes up to our bed and taps me, and with her most excited voice says, "It's morningtime Mom! Wanna play with baby dolls and be a princess with me?"

And of course, even as groggy as I was, how on earth could I turn that down? And so we played and had breakfast in our tutus and tiaras.

Just want to remember these magical mornings before they become crazed running around looking for a shoe, while packing a lunch, and remembering homework before the bus comes for school. Stay little, my little Anna!

9 comments:

Stina said...

You have the best perspective on being a mom. I would've been so annoyed to be woken up after a late night. I have a lot to learn from you! Anna is too cute!

tyandmichellecall said...

What a great memory to write down. I need to be better at keeping track of all those fabulous little things.

gaylynne said...

I just love that darling Anna! She always makes me laugh. Ashley, you are so wise to recognize the importance of celebrating "the moment" as Anna will grow up so fast and you will be glad you took the extra time to play with her. Kudos to you!!

Stacie said...

That is a real cute story. She is a doll. How are you feeling these days? I've been really missing you lately. I will give you a call soon.

Stohl Family said...

Ashley!!!!! I just checked your blog and saw your ultrasound post! You hadn't written in so long, I had lost hope and hadn't checked in awhile (yeah, like I'm one to talk! :)). I am so excited for you! I'm so glad it is a boy...that way when you move back right next door to us, Josh will have a boy to play with! :) Congrats! Are you coming to visit for Christmas...I hope so! Let's plan stuff if you are! Woohoo!

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Two year olds are the best! Everyone of your little ones will love noting the sunshine meaning it is play time....I always tell Matthew, see,,,the sun has gone to sleep, that means you do to!!!!The world is getting ever so much bigger to them...oh so fun!

kecia said...

I haven't checked your blog for awhile...COngrats on the new little boy coming!! Yeah for you guys!

Katy said...

Well said. I already feel like my mornings are crazy. I love the days when we are not running out the door and can have a nice slow morning. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Meesh said...

It is so true. Nothing is better than spending the morning doing crafts and reading books while the house sits messy. When is that new baby coming to your place?