Monday, June 22, 2009

Taylo Swiss!

Last summer it was the Wiggles, and this summer Anna has progressed 10 years into her next music obsession -- Taylor Swift. Or "Taylo Swiss" if you're talking to Anna. She loves singing along to all of her songs, especially Love Story, while we're in the car. Last week Taylor Swift was in town, Dave was on night shift, it was me and Anna on a Friday night with nothing to do. So why not go and try to scalp a ticket for the concert with my 2-year old? Some would say that I am a little crazy, but I don't care. Anna LOVED it! And so did I!


Anna loved the pink Taylor truck
When I told her we were going to a concert, she was excited. She had to get her necklaces on before we left. While we were talkin business with the scalpers, she kept saying, "Let's go to concert Mommy! I hear music!"

It was so fun to see Anna so excited about all of this. I thought she might like it, but I didn't know how excited she would be. Kellie Pickler opened and at one point she yelled out, "Are y'all havin fun?" and Anna shouted back "YEAAHHH!" with all her heart. It cracked me up.


Anna dancing to her favorite songs with her Taylor Swift glow stick.
Thanks for the tip Darcie!
The funniest part was when she was talking about Taylor, "the little girl dancing and singing". She must think she's little because we were sitting so high up in the nosebleeds! We had such a good time together and I'm so glad I have my little friend to go do fun stuff with. We missed Dave and I felt bad we were having fun while he was working hard all night. But we can't help it, we had to go.


The other day she told me she wanted to go see "Talo Swiss" again. Maybe one day Anna. But for now let's work on catching up on your sleep!

9 comments:

gaylynne said...

Boy do I have happening grand daughters.....both Caroline(age 2-1/2) in SLC and Anna (age 2-1/2) in Winston Salem have seen Taylor Swift in concert. I can't wait until Anna comes to SLC so Caroline and Anna can sing me a Taylor Swift song. I like her too but guess I will just have to wait unti she comes back to SLC to go to her concert. Glad you had a fun time together.

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Way to fun!! I am just so jealous of all you cute moms with your cute daughters!!! UGh...My boys would not be to happy with me if I took them to a Tayolr Swift Concert....Matthews favorite color is pink, maybe I could get him to take a picture by the truck....A girl can dream!!!

Stina said...

That sounds like such a fun outing! Way to go on scalping a ticket and going on this adventure! Anna is toooo cute.

Deming Family said...

You rock. What an awesome mom. What a fun memory for you both. We are such huge Taylor Swift fans.

Stohl Family said...

It is so fun to have a girls night out with little ones! We would have joined you Ashley if only we lived by each other still. We miss you guys and WILL be planning a trip there sometime soon!

Stohl Family said...

I love your last post...it REALLY made me miss Kentucky! So many things are the same (except the beaches would be nice!). It is so fun to read your blog and catch up on you guys...cute little Anna!

Darcie said...

Oh Taylor Swift is the best! Glad you guys were able to go... we'll have to swap concert stories in a couple weeks.

Meesh said...

You aresuch a cool mom to take her! Caroline makes me watch Taylor Swift videos on youtube all the time!

Laura Dunaway said...

Oh Ashley--that is so fun! I am totally jealous! My Sammy is a major fan of Taylor. I hope we can attend a concert of hers soon. So glad to catch up. Take care!