Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anna's Half Birthday

Anna turned 2 and a half today. I don't quite believe it. She just barely turned 2. So that means she will turn 3 in just barely no time. This can't be happening. But it is. And it has been quite the 2 and a half years with her. Better than I ever would have thought and harder than I ever would have thought. But I love her up and down and back and forth. And back again.

You know she's an only child, so she got a little half birthday celebration with cupcakes. Just for fun. Yes, I know. We need to have another child because this is a little ridiculous, but it was fun and I always love celebrating my half birthday, just for fun. Why not? I say. Because any reason to make cupcakes is a good reason.

So this reminds me to finally post about her actual birthday. That was back in December. I figure now's as good as time as any to post it. I told you I would be going way back. I love birthdays and I would be real mad if I never posted about this because I definitely would forget all of the details. I'm sure I already have. Thank goodness my mom was there to take lots of pictures to remind me. So for the next post, you get a little flashback to 2008. Birthday style.

3 comments:

Amy and Wes said...

Darling 1/2 birthday celebration.
And yes, you do need to have another child pronto...this little baby headed our way would love a cousin his same age.
Time to start convincing Dave!!!

Darcie said...

Fun Ashley! I think 1/2 birthday celebrations are important too! In fact, one of my friends with four kids celebrates each month on their day... ie. if their birthday is June 4, they get to go on a on a "date" with mom or dad for a dessert on the 4th every month. The other parent stays home with the kids. What a great way to guarantee some one-on-one time with each kid each month. I'm definitely stealing that tradition from her. Looking to the 2008 posts!

Stina said...

Half birthdays are definitely important! I made Theo a cake for his first half birthday! :)

Anna looks so grown up and like a little lady in this picture. I can't quite believe she is 2.5 either. I still remember when you were pregnant like it was the other day!