Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day


It snows in North Carolina too! And this time it really is snow! (Sometimes they call frost snow here.) I was so excited to let Anna look out the window this morning when she woke up. From the minute she saw it, she just kept saying, "Go outside! Pway! Pway outside!" "I need my shoes!"
She had a fun time stomping around in the snow and helping us make a little snowman. Then we were happy to see our friends next store playing too. So Anna and Livy posed for some snowbunny pictures. And of course Anna's baby (who Anna named "baby", very original) had to come out to play too.

Everything shuts down here when it snows. Schools are canceled if it even threatens of snow. So all the kids around here are having a blast on this snow day.

Yesterday Anna had to call her friends before church because church was only 1 hour instead of the usual 3!

And now, the snow is mostly melted on our lawn. Our little Frosty has shrunk. And we didn't even need to break out a shovel. This is my kind of snow day!

7 comments:

Stina said...

I heard about the snow on the east coast! My parents said Richmond has basically shut down. Funny for us who have lived through "real" snow! It looks like you had a fun day!

gaylynne said...

Cute Anna! I'm glad she got to play in the snow. The best snow is the kind that only lasts for a day. Lucky you. She looks so cute in her snowsuit and her little church outfit. I'm anxious to see all of you!

lbb said...

Oh! Anna is a doll. I need a little girl! Looks like NC is treating you well...snow and all!

jacey said...

Looks like a fun day! ps- I love Anna's hat.

mary kelly said...

I was just so excited to see this cute post of our darling Anna! What a fun day in the snow. Love you with all our hearts!

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Looks like fun Anna!! I love your hat. It suits you well.

Darcie said...

Ashley, come on!! March 2nd?!! We need a new post!