Thursday, February 12, 2009

someone call child services

Exhibit A: Child in dog cage
Cause: Terrified by adults trying to live out their dream by unsuccessfully playing Rock Band
Defense: Hey, she put herself in there



Exhibit B: Child with black eye.
Cause: unknown. Child was found in a room by herself, a bed, and a dog. When questioned, child says, "Sharkie bite me." (All big dogs are Sharkie - from Curious George, and all small dogs are Hundley) "Sharkie hit me." Or "I jump on bed. I fell."
Witnesses: The Dog, Yogi, Has yet to comment. I think he's been framed.
Pictures do not show full impact. It's a black eye, alright. Almost swollen shut the morning after. Poor girl.

Exhibit C: Improper safety seat
Cause: Sleep deprived child, wriggles her way out of the arm straps so she can get in a better snuggle position for a nap. 2 minutes after getting in the car on Sunday night after a long, fun weekend.



Many other violations have occurred, but there is no conclusive evidence. Child is continually getting bumps and bruises as she gets more daring and adventurous every day. Being 2 sure is fun, but it sometimes hurts.

Please, don't call child services, because these parents are doing their best to protect and teach this energetic, sweet child. Spa services may, however, be needed for the mother.

3 comments:

Stina said...

What is with the dog references!?! Did you get a dog? Or are just dogsitting?

Ashley said...

Ha! No, we didn't get a dog. We were at a friends house. Their cage, their dog. Should have clarified that one!

kara jayne said...

I could have posted this same thing. I actually have posted two of the three...dog cage, and black eye. I'm too mad at Nora lately when she takes her arms out of the car seat straps to take a picture. Oh these 2 year olds...they keep us hoppin'!