Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

"Tickateet!" as our Little Bo Peep says.


Anna definitely had a fun Halloween night. I never would have guessed by the occurrences of our Halloween day.
Anna was sick with a cold in the morning, so I loaded her up with some Vitamin C loaded grapefruit to fight that cold like a good mom should. Except that a good mom would remember that grapefruit also contains lots of citric acid and doesn't mix well with a blueberry smoothie for lunch. Yeah, I figured that out when Anna woke up from her nap and threw up three times in her crib, down on the rug and the carpet, and all over me. Just lovely. After giving her a bath, cleaning up the mess, I prayed that Dave would be home soon. I snuggled Anna up in our bed with Noggin thinking we better spend our Halloween watching the Backyardigans. Then she started saying "Tickateet" "Peep" "Canday" Which is her complete sentence for, "I want to dress up like Little Bo Peep and go trick-or-treating to get candy." I had explained this all to her for the past couple of days and she didn't forget. Well, she seemed to be better so I thought we might as well try a few houses. Dave finally came home and wanted to go ASAP because he was embarrassed by our lack of candy to hand out. I didn't buy very much since I thought we wouldn't be home most of the night and so we got wiped out pretty darn quick.
It took Anna all of about 2 houses to get the idea. This girl is a very good observer.
Ring the doorbell.
Look cute.
Wait for the candy bowl to come out.
Reach in and grab as much as you can.
Put in sack.
If bowl is still there, repeat.
She didn't quite get that you say trick-or-treat when you ring the doorbell. Instead she would just say, "Peees" which still got her the same result. I tried teaching her about only taking one, but that didn't quite sink in this year. We'll work on that next year. Luckily most of neighbors were glad to give her as much as she wanted because she looked so darn cute (if I do say so myself.)
We had a good night (after a long day) and I'm so glad Dave was able to come with us. This is actually the first Halloween that we've actually spent together since we've been married! Usually he had a test, or was at the hospital or some other lame excuse. Hopefully this year broke the trend and there will be much more "tickateeting" together in the future. Although, maybe I should wait 5 more years to make that wish! Just to be safe.

Happy Halloween!!!

10 comments:

kara jayne said...

What a darling peep!! Don't you love it when you see them figuring out "trick or treating?" It's like they've won the lottery!!

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Anna you are the cutest BoPeep I have ever seen. She is so cute she sparkles. Don't you love throw up on Halloween. We have had are share of that experience....Way to go Anna for a fast recovery! A land mark you would hate to miss out on...your first tricker treat!
Love you guys!

Darcie said...

It sounds like Little Miss Anna tore up halloween this year... way to go girl! It was so fun to see you guys. I hope, hope, hope we will see more of you soon (like in a month and 23 days).

Darcie said...

It sounds like Little Miss Anna tore up halloween this year... way to go girl! It was so fun to see you guys. I hope, hope, hope we will see more of you soon (like in a month and 23 days).

gaylynne said...

Thanks for the darling pictures. I have a few of Anna and Caroline together for our Halloween party but none as good as yours. She looked so darling and I'm glad she felt up to going out on Halloween night. It was a "tweet" for all of us to have you and Anna visit for two weeks--what a dream! I had a hard time Wednesday when you had to fly back to Winston-Salem. We will just look forward to her birthday so we can come and visit and then maybe you can come for the Christmas....Let's keep the dream alive!

Stina said...

So adorable! You'll have to let me know where you got that awesome costume. She is one smart girl - get as much candy as you can!

Chelsea said...

I love her costume! She looks so cute. Will you email me your new address...because I dont think you are on hollywood anymore! chelseabwood@gmail.com

Goodrich's said...

That is the cutest costume ever... just compliments the cute little girl inside perfectly! I love all the Halloween pics, she sure is getting big. (I know its odd for me to say that being as I've never actually seen Anna, but I feel like I have because of your bloggin')

Goodrich's said...

Ash- I'm setting my blog to private and don't have your e-mail address to send you an invite. Next time you get a chance, leave my your e-mail so I can send you an invite. Are you guys going to be home at all for the holidays?

Meesh said...

Ashley,
Anna is so big! She was darling on Halloween. I hope you are loving the east coast. We miss you guys around here.

Michelle