Last weekend we decided to take a quick, spur of the moment trip up to Yellowstone. We thought we'd take advantage of the nice weather and a free weekend for Dave while we can. Unfortunately, neither of us have very reliable cars, so we had to rent a car to make the trek up there. We hope to have a car that can make it up to Park City and back okay one day! It was a quick trip, but we got a lot in the two and a half days we were there. Here are some highlights of the trip...
Dave and Anna at Firehole Falls. She was so excited to get out of her car seat.Firehole River. (I really think Dave was trying to get a picture of the girls behind us)
Anna wanted to jump in so bad!
My faithful husband walking on water.
Mid Geyser Basin. Don't mind the wind-blown hair. This geyser was 300 ft across! I must say that geysers are the weirdest things and they stink, but they can be really beautiful. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been the person who discovered this area.
Old FaithfulIsn't this weird? It looks like the moon or something. This one reminded me of a witch's brew (or maybe its just that I'm excited for Halloween)
Buffalo sighting #2. It's amazing how close you can get to them.
Fishing Bridge.
Buffalo sighting #4. See all of those cars backed up? We were all at a dead stop because this certain buffalo decided to make a dead stop right in the middle of the road. He wouldn't budge for about 15 minutes! After this, we started to get sick of the buffalo holding us up and stopped taking pictures. There were 2 or 3 more herds along the way out of the park (they must like causing traffic jams) Anna would have loved this if she had a better view. She can't see much besides upholstery from the rear facing car seat.
Watching the beautiful swan. It's always scary to be on a bridge with Anna. She just wants to jump right in!
And after a hundred pictures later, (sorry, I kind of got carried away) here are some good shots of the bears in the park. We had a fun time and can't wait to take our family back to Yellowstone when we have a little bit older kids so they really enjoy all of the fun sites and animals.
12 comments:
Wow that sounds like a whirlwind trip! Reminds me our trip this summer, except we didn't get those cool buffalo sightings! Also, I remember seeing the signs for Bear World on our way up there -- so funny that you guys stopped. I'm so glad that one of Dave's dreams came true!
What a fun family trip. Miss you guys!
Glad you kids had a fun trip....you deserve it after your last month and a half of escapades. The pictures are great! I think it is funny that the buffalo were out in the road fighting. It could have been dangerous however if one was too close to them. Cute little Anna has been to Hawaii, Mexico, Yellowstone and Paris is coming up pretty soon! Did I miss any other trips? I think she will get the travel bug in her blood too. Watch out it is hereditary!
What a fun trip. We've been talking about going up there too. I want to go to the bear park - that is really neat.
I love yellowstone but have never been there with Josh. Glad you guys got to go...you deserved the little break. I can't believe all of the buffalo!
How fun.
I didn't know you guys took off this past weekend for a quick trip. I love Yellowstone and all the wildlife, it is great.
I had never heard of the Bear Park in Idaho. Thanks for the info. I hope to make it there one day. It sure did look like Dave loved the bears. I remember him watching the bears at Sea World a couple of yrs. ago.
What a great trip. You guys are such a cute little family. -Michelle
Some pretty close encounters with the animals. How Fun! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Of course my kids always love seeing baby Anna. They are all so in love with her! The pickle picture is their favorite. I've wanted to make it to Bear World ever since you went the first time. Tell Dave congrats on fulfilling his life long dream of petting a bear. It's so funny how much he as always loved bears. Why is that?
Wow! What fun! I went to Yellowstone YEARS ago with my family. But it looks like you guys had more fun. I can't believe how many animals you saw! So were those girls behind you naked? They look naked.
Oh man, looks like you had quite the adventure. How beautiful the mountains and wildlife are!
Did Dave seriously get that close to a Buffalo? I was laughing so hard! You know there are signs posted everywhere to NOT approach the buffalo! They charge! What a fun vacation! It looks like you had a blast.
Trisha
Yellowstone is so great. I loved it, when I went several years ago. The wildlife sighting are fun. All of your pics were so good.
Post a Comment